Alberni Sockeye

Talked to Mike Carter this morning (manager at Clutesi Marina)-said there was still nothing doing.

Tons of fish......headed right for the river and not stopping for anything but FN nets. River was boiling with fish on today's high tide. No sport caught fish however...they are ripping for the river. As Rob says wait for warmer weather and water. It's a waste of time at the moment.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Drove through Alberni yesterday lots of Sockeye for sale along the route. Not sure how the fish are going to make it upstream, there must be 4 or 5 nets across the river by the bridge. Saw several nets piled up in back of pick up trucks too. Strange days indeed.

im looking to hit the stamp somass system tomorrow to try for some sox and was wondering where to go is it the normal sh*t show at the papermill dam or have they stopped people from fishing there?

looks like my oldman and i are heading out for some Socks on sunday morning, we will let ya know how things go, hopefully better than what i've been reading!

On my way home from work today I noticed a couple of gillnetters being towed toward Port Alberni,Wonder if they know something that we don't

going to head out on the saltchuck and give it shot!!! we are meeting up with some friends of ours from Port A, so hopefully they know or have some local tricks!!!

Word is the gillnetters go on the 15th.

No sense letting any fish up there before the slaughter starts I guess...

Gimee the gaff!!!

Went out this morning, got 3, nothing huge (~4-5lbs). Seems like it starting to pick up, most boats I asked had 2-3. Most boats fishing from Nahmint to Franklin narrows. Another guy I spoke to got 6 on Friday. Probably another week and it should be pretty good.

We also went out this morning for couple hours and managed to catch a couple out by McTush camp ground. Little lumpy out there as expected but worth it considering the expectations were pretty low.

We also went out this morning for couple hours and managed to catch a couple out by McTush camp ground. Little lumpy out there as expected but worth it considering the expectations were pretty low.

got back from the stamp today caught my limit as well as long as my friends who i was with, everyone was caching so get there while the goings good

got back from the stamp today caught my limit as well as long as my friends who i was with, everyone was caching so get there while the goings good

Out this morning, good fishing (bonking) is all I can say. We had our limit by 7:00am, look like most others were doing the same. Fished Nahmint (Hook Bay) area, saw a few boats on the way in (China, Pine Pt, etc) but don't know how they were doing. Fished 30-45ft. Various hootchies, all working.

Does anyone know if the Alberni sockeye were supposed to show up in numbers this year or are they showing up in greater numbers than expected?

Back