Alberni Derby

Oglthorpe

Anybody heading out to fish the gong show?

I am heading out Saturday morning for a couple of nights. Going to fish up towards Bamfield.

It looks like we'll be there for at least Saturday / Sunday. As we have a fairly small boat, we are going to stick fairly close to town this year. Hopefully more fish will come down the inlet to replace those taken by the commercial boys. Anyone heard of any updates on the stretch from China Creek to town?

Every year I say not again, and here I am getting ready for it again. Going to stay out at Poetts Nook and fish away from the crowds (lol). If anybodys out that way and wants to swap war stories and tactics I'm easy to spot red canvas and red flames on the side. Good luck to all.

Ill be launching in the morning also fishing port in the morning then all over. oglthorpe where you staying ??

Salty- We are staying in a cabin near San Mateo Bay. We will probably work Diplock, Pill and Assits on Saturday, who knows for the rest of the weekend.

There will be 4 of us in a beige and green 19' Bluewater. "Rip N' Root". Give me a call on 68 if you are out that way.

I'll be there.

Gary, I'll be over tonight getting **** ready on the boat are you over there? Let's have a beer if so.

If not see ya in the AM nut show...

I'll keep an eye out . I'll be in my white wellcraft give "saltybeaver" a call

Bring your rain gear [xx(]

Does anybody have any secrets on getting the boat in the water tomorrow morning with the least amount of headaches?

What time does the derby end on Monday? We're heading out to Bamfield Monday afternoon and I want to try and avoid as much of the boat launch gong show as possible.

Slabby

Im sleeping over night in the parking lot if they let me, I plan to get up around 4:30. hopefully thats early enough . anybody else around that tiem ?

Come on CA.I can understand the Boxing day sales.But sleepin in the car and truck ,oh ya.Call back them days

In '84 I slept o'night in my Hyundai Pony high up in the Whipsaw so I would be up bright and early to shoot deer. Well, I was up all night:(And in the morning I was so stiff, I couldn't have shot squat. Now I prefer feather beads:D Kind of off topic, but....

Tom

Hey slabby I'm heading to Bamfield Mon. aft. too.I'll be on 69 and plan to launch about 5-6 some time. Iwent a bit earlier last year and had to pound all the way out.I'll be there til wed., I have a 17.5 deep vee burgundy and white with two Hondas on the back.Good Luck

this morning ....I hooked a nice spring. All of sudden, a seal surfaced unexpectually, I tried to reel/net the fish. Seal kept watching me and my fish in late teen. fish bited my leader line and got away. It was at Coulson's.

at quarter to Ten am...I hooked a nice 22lb 60 ounces spring at same area.

Yesterday morning, dad and I had 2 chinooks on 23 half pound, and 20 pound. Windy and rain.

all bright silver.

Some surfer pals had a good day way down south not long ago.
Here's some proof. :D:D

Take care.

PD11.jpg

Today went 3 for 8 hooked between Boy Scout TO ~~ China Creek ~~~~MUCH :D slower than yesterday which saw 6 for 11 hooked between 8 - 10:30 same locale

Back