Airmar b744

Roe Bags

Wondering if anyone is running a b744 with a hds unit? Was thinking about using the p66 but after doing a little research the 744 seems to be a lot better for the west coast application. Has anyone mounted one on an aluminum? Is there a bracket out there to mount off the transom or guys fabricating there own if not using it as a thru hull?

thanks

RB, The B744 is a bronze transducer so definitely not suitable for an aluminum boat. Have a look at the airmar website. There are Stainless or plastic models that would be better suited to an aluminum boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
RB, I bought the B744 a year ago and mounted it off of the transom on my 17.5 Campion. I built a height adjustable bracket similar to what profisher did. I don't think there is something off the shelf for this setup. You will have to get crafty yourself. Being adjustable helped finding the right install height. Profisher pulls his' up when he drives - I don't. I built a little plastic splash guard and can leave the ducer where it is when going fast. So basically I only used the height adjusting option for finding the ideal position and leave it there now. Have it hooked to a HDS7 (1 gen) and it works well. If it works much better than a p66 for instance, I don't know as I never had one of them. I like the robustness of the bronze - no kelp or little log will knock this one to pieces...

Back