About Krippled K's

Dogbreath

A few years back there was a flurry of interest about new Krippled Ks coming out I was working selling tackle at the time and emailed the owner of company and he said soon.

0K well that has to be 3 years ago and no spoons on the shelves yet, anyone have any info?

kidphotors6.jpg

I've still got a few of the #2 green/chrome and all chrome
that we got from an ex commercial fisherman.
Haven't seen anything similar in the stores.
They were a great light trolling spoon.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

I've still got a few of the #2 green/chrome and all chrome
that we got from an ex commercial fisherman.
Haven't seen anything similar in the stores.
They were a great light trolling spoon.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

The only place I have found the real KKs is on the shelves of stores like Zellers. Old stock I would assume as the packaging is usually quite faded. I am always looking for some!

The only place I have found the real KKs is on the shelves of stores like Zellers. Old stock I would assume as the packaging is usually quite faded. I am always looking for some!

My buddy dusted a couple off this year and limited out three consecutive trips! It's all I've heard about for about 2 months now. Apparently the fish still like them. His biggest was 28 pounds, pretty good for Nanaimo Area.

LOL note to self ...read post thoroughly![8D]
quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Hey r.s. I think there a spoon of sorts.;) eman

It's all good

Smart alec [:eek:)]

gonefishingsign.gif

I have an email in to them, as of today no answer, might have to phone later in the week if I don't hear anything.

kidphotors6.jpg

Just a thought , I wonder why they are no longer produced R.S. ?? I have heard real good things with the Krippled K's in the day , I know of a few top guides out of Sewell's that still do very well with them , i know Dave uses them alot around Thrasher Rk. Do you, think someone has the mould, or the rights , patent on them still ??? hmmmm !!! I personally have never used them , maybe just before my time !!! Does anyone have any pics of what they look like !! that would be great , Iv'e got so many spoons , I don't know the brands of a few of them , alot have been given to me over the years , cheers boy's..

the Fog Ducker

IMG_1356-1-1.jpg

Hey FD the spoon will have "Krippled K" stamped on it about a third of the way up from the hook.At the hook end it will have a small Y shape punched or bent in the spoon,it also has the same Y shape at the line/swivel end.About half way up to the swivel/hook end it will have a long stamp mark on both sides of the spoon near the edge,these will be parralell to the length of the spoon.If my memory serves me right ,they were a reworked McKnight spoon,made out of thinner material.They are awesome on coho.Dan

thanks Dan;)
quote:Originally posted by danthewire

Hey FD the spoon will have "Krippled K" stamped on it about a third of the way up from the hook.At the hook end it will have a small Y shape punched or bent in the spoon,it also has the same Y shape at the line/swivel end.About half way up to the swivel/hook end it will have a long stamp mark on both sides of the spoon near the edge,these will be parralell to the length of the spoon.If my memory serves me right ,they were a reworked McKnight spoon,made out of thinner material.They are awesome on coho.Dan

the Fog Ducker

IMG_1356-1-1.jpg

I just took a picture of a krippled K lure I have but, you guys will have to tell me how to post it!

Jim Gilbert lost his dies in a factory fire after sending them to China to be produced. The cost to reproduce the dies was more than he cared to reinvest, or at least that is how the story goes. The spoons were long gone before Jim died and before "Butch", the current owner took over operations. Butch has been asked numerous times to reintroduce the spoon, but never has. The McKnight spoons, made in the USA never worked as well as the Krippled K. A patent on either spoon would have been up long ago. Mason

[www.savebcsalmon.ca]

my grandfather gave me three krippled "K's" when i turned 12 and i lost my last one last year all three were broken due to the metal where the hook and spoon meet being ripped apart when big fish hits. they were the best producing spoons in my box and i would love to get ahold of some of these spoons. there were very small spoons some bigger ones ( if they were even made bigger) would be great.

Back