3D printed plugs

Fired up my 3D printer with some different glow filament and started printing some tomic/J plug style plugs ! Working on different sizes (4"-8"), maybe some tubbys. These are just blanks and will get some airbrushing in our favourite patterns.

Tight lines !

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_9204.jpeg
    IMG_9204.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 107
Fired up my 3D printer with some different glow filament and started printing some tomic/J plug style plugs ! Working on different sizes (4"-8"), maybe some tubbys. These are just blanks and will get some airbrushing in our favourite patterns.

Tight lines !
Do they come out perfectly smooth or are you sanding them? Very cool

Tight lines !
are you selling blanks as well?

That printer will be running full time lol
Think of all the stuff you can make
I sense a business smells like money lol

Interesting, how does the material react with the cold immersion? I used to field test for OKI tackle and we found some materials used to crack or snap easily after getting down to temp.

Tight lines !
Sweet!

Where did you get the STL file from? Or did you create it? What material are you printing them with?

Sweet!

Where did you get the STL file from? Or did you create it? What material are you printing them with?
Would be pretty straightforward to create an STL from an image. Just need a 2D profile, and then can revolve in whatever CAD software, then add the cutout for the mouth. I just did a google search out of curiosity, and it seems like PETG or ABS is probably the best option for temperature stability. Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 3d printer this year, the ability to print lures is pretty compelling.

Ab
Would be pretty straightforward to create an STL from an image. Just need a 2D profile, and then can revolve in whatever CAD software, then add the cutout for the mouth. I just did a google search out of curiosity, and it seems like PETG or ABS is probably the best option for temperature stability. Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 3d printer this year, the ability to print lures is pretty compelling.
PETG prints on all printers, ABS needs an enclosure as it creates some pretty bad fumes. ABS is a game changer though, you can print intake manifolds and other engine bay parts exposed to heat. Printers are pretty affordable now.

Ab

PETG prints on all printers, ABS needs an enclosure as it creates some pretty bad fumes. ABS is a game changer though, you can print intake manifolds and other engine bay parts exposed to heat. Printers are pretty affordable now.
Yes, I was recommended the Bambu P1S (comes with enclosure) from a guy who runs a machine/design shop

Already printing a test one from PLA as I have lots and it’s the easiest to print with. Beauty of 3d printing is files for everything are online. Attempting to print it in one piece standing up but we will see if it works.

3d Printing has become my winter addiction. My house is full of useless plastic toys and trinkets. The kids love it and you can make some cool stuff. My original desire was to print Milwaukee tool holders but after that was done I have gone down a rabbit hole.

Attachments

• IMG_7090.jpeg
    IMG_7090.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5580.jpeg
    IMG_5580.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6857.jpeg
    IMG_6857.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 130
Already printing a test one from PLA as I have lots and it’s the easiest to print with. Beauty of 3d printing is files for everything are online. Attempting to print it in one piece standing up but we will see if it works.

3d Printing has become my winter addiction. My house is full of useless plastic toys and trinkets. The kids love it and you can make some cool stuff. My original desire was to print Milwaukee tool holders but after that was done I have gone down a rabbit hole.
Hell yeah dude, that’s awesome. My original plan was to DIY a 3-axis CNC for machining aluminum parts, but I have too many projects and not enough space so I think a 3D printer is probably a better idea.

whats your cost for consumables for that ? did you cad draw the file your using?
I found the file on Thingiverse (Tomic Style Fishing Plug). One day I will figure out how to design but for now I just print.

My guess is it cost me under 30 cents to print. I could figure it out exactly when I get home but it’s pennies. The glow filament will cost a bit more but still Pennie’s not dollars to print.

Back