2024 Sidney Reports

Any action at wain rk?
Fished Landsend hard all day (derby) with a couple passes at Wain Rock. Released a few undersized with one being 61cm. Seen other boats releasing smaller fish. Feed was thick early but thinned out around noon.

19-5 is still open for wild.
SpeciesAreasMin sizeGearLimits
(d/p/a)
Status
Chinook salmon19-2-/-/-Closed
19-5,19-662cmBarbless Hook & Line2/4/10Open (See Restrictions)
19-7 to 19-1262cmBarbless Hook & Line2/4/10Open (See Restrictions)
Chinook salmon (hatchery)19-1,19-3,19-445cmBarbless Hook & Line2/4/10Open (See Restrictions)
Chinook salmon (wild)19-1,19-3,19-4Barbless Hook & Line0/0/-Non-retention (See Restrictions)

19-5 is still open for wild.
SpeciesAreasMin sizeGearLimits
(d/p/a)
Status
Chinook salmon19-2-/-/-Closed
19-5,19-662cmBarbless Hook & Line2/4/10Open (See Restrictions)
19-7 to 19-1262cmBarbless Hook & Line2/4/10Open (See Restrictions)
Chinook salmon (hatchery)19-1,19-3,19-445cmBarbless Hook & Line2/4/10Open (See Restrictions)
Chinook salmon (wild)19-1,19-3,19-4Barbless Hook & Line0/0/-Non-retention (See Restrictions)
Thanks @cpony i always check emergency regulations or releases the day before I leave. I was worried I missed one. Attached was the latest one I saw as well. Removed the post fearing I’d overlooked a regulation.

Attachments

• IMG_3968.png
    IMG_3968.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 12
That's great news! My bad. The regs are a little more than confusing!
It is frustrating reading the regulations. They have the technology for better maps and the Sidney Anglers Association has sent a letter to DFO asking them to do a better job. Here is the letter sent. Maybe something will happen, but not holding our breath

Attachments

• Openings.pdf
    305 KB · Views: 54
It is frustrating reading the regulations. They have the technology for better maps and the Sidney Anglers Association has sent a letter to DFO asking them to do a better job. Here is the letter sent. Maybe something will happen, but not holding our breath
At the very least, DFO should allow MSF in all areas 18-19 given the astounding numbers of fish returning…All year. Oh yeah forgot, they don’t follow the facts

I was at Porlier on sunday and the Alge bloom was bad. Tons of bait and lots of boats but very slow fishing. Has anyone been out around moresby or coal last day or so? Is it over here or is that just a fresh water/fraser river effect? thanks

I was at Porlier on sunday and the Alge bloom was bad. Tons of bait and lots of boats but very slow fishing. Has anyone been out around moresby or coal last day or so? Is it over here or is that just a fresh water/fraser river effect? thanks
I was out at Morseby and Coal over the weekend. I saw a couple of smalls getting released but none in the boat

The map in letter needs an edit. Should be 45cm, not 62cm minimum size limit for 19-3 and 19-4.

Is all of Area 18 currently open until March 31. For the life of me I cannot find the regs on DFO :mad:
All of area 18 is open for Chinook. 2 per day min 62 cm.
Download the FishingBC app it's free easy to use and updated to the latest regulations changes right away. The DFO site is BS and unusable for the average person.

Back