Status
Not open for further replies.
my herring bait for Hali disappears fast last 2 trips. Either gone entirely or flesh seemingly eaten down to the bones and head. Not a result of rod tip wiggles as near as I can figure out. Could thisbe sea lice? If it is, is moving location the only workable option? Thanks.
Fishing up the haro?

my herring bait for Hali disappears fast last 2 trips. Either gone entirely or flesh seemingly eaten down to the bones and head. Not a result of rod tip wiggles as near as I can figure out. Could thisbe sea lice? If it is, is moving location the only workable option? Thanks.
prawns?

Sand fleas
Sand_Flea_Khaki_1280x720.png

Had the same on Friday. No nibble, no bite. Four in a row came up with no head or bones. Sent a fifth one down scratching my head. Was just about to reel up and check after 20 minutes and Wham!…a 30 lber hit.

Hey fishinforever…. Not Haro. On the (sometimes) Hali highway couple of miles off Trial. Did manage to land a chicken in low twenties between rebating after the lice or whatever is down there.

Dogfish action no hali at coyote bank saturday. We will call that a top speed and fuel consumption test on flat calm waters. Sunday perfect anchoring and swing near race, not a bite from a dog or hali Then a durability test over the swells and chop heading back to vic after it blew up out there. Tested my bilge pump after a few waves came over the bow and sides. It is good to be out again shaking the cobwebs off the boat.

Hey fishinforever…. Not Haro. On the (sometimes) Hali highway couple of miles off Trial. Did manage to land a chicken in low twenties between rebating after the lice or whatever is down there.
Roger that. They were pretty bad up that way the last time i fished it. Had the same scenario (bait gone) then a bunch came up in the skull of a salmon head. Gross lookin buggers

Can someone confirm the Halibut Limit. I read it as 1 per day up to 90-126cm ? But I am confused on the under 90cm is the limit 1 or 2 if under 90 cm? I think it is still one with Possession limit at 2?

Let me know.

Well done Ravon, I guess I was later to the Ball as we launched about 7:30 & by the time we dropped our crab & prawn traps then got our gear down 8:30 ish. We ended the day at 5pm with not a bite, no prawns but a gd pull of crabs. Was still a beauty day out there.

Well done Ravon, I guess I was later to the Ball as we launched about 7:30 & by the time we dropped our crab & prawn traps then got our gear down 8:30 ish. We ended the day at 5pm with not a bite, no prawns but a gd pull of crabs. Was still a beauty day out there.
How deep for prawns?

Chilling in the land yaught at Pedder Bay for the weekend, no boat this time, guys are doing well, cleaning table was full of hali and some Pacific cod last 2 afternoons, beautiful sunny weather, heard it blew up a bit today as Pedder bay said they recalled the rental boats

Wind picked up through the pm, we were out of Pedder from 9-2, only two big dog fish brought to the boat. Had two good tugs that seemed promising, but didn't stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back