Status
Not open for further replies.
same for us....great tides and weather, but nothing but dogs.

Got first blood on the new to me boat today.A 129 cm. and 52 lb. halibut that bit as I was getting my last rod down.Took longer to pull the anchor and clean up than it took to get bit.Happens that way some days and others you wait 4-5 hours or play with dogfish all day.

Did a little fish on the OB Flats Sunday afternoon. There was a bit of an annoying unexpected wind and chop but not bad. Had one good hit and a shaker. Some good patches of bait around.

Went over to Clover Pt. for a couple of passes and ended up losing a canon ball on the old outfall pipe while circling back over haystacks of bait.

Found my crab trap glued to the bottom. Managed to break it free at the harness but trap stayed, hopefully ripped open.

A day for losing stuff.

Saturday was a good day. We kept 6 in 6 hours of trolling. Released 3 that where too big, and lost 3 nice fish by the boat All caught within 10 feet of the bottom in 90-140 feet.
All fish where stuffed with 3-4" sandlance.
Added Pic cause I see yall like fish pics🙂

Attachments

• 20230318_132031.jpg
    20230318_132031.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Snapchat-68016228.jpg
    Snapchat-68016228.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Got out Tuesday 10-4 off esq. One of my slowest days of late with only 2 bites putting 1 in the tub. Afternoon sun and calm water was nice and a couple keepers in the trap but lots of softies.

Got out Tuesday 10-4 off esq. One of my slowest days of late with only 2 bites putting 1 in the tub. Afternoon sun and calm water was nice and a couple keepers in the trap but lots of softies.
I went out Wednesday 1-4:30 and not a decent hit or bite. Just 1 small shaker. Was off Albert Hd for a while then tried the harbour mouth.

Saturday morning 0900 - Noon. Fished the Harbour mouth area. Really slow. Only had one hit and one shaker off the green can. Over by Brotchie got a solid hit. Obviously a good fish as it took quite a bit of line under good pressure. Alone, I managed to get one side of the boat clear and after a good scrap was lucky to get a gorgeous fish to the net. My biggest chinook this winter, high teens if not 20. Of course it had to have a adipose fin. Easy release . . . . for the fish anyways.;)

Saturday morning 0900 - Noon. Fished the Harbour mouth area. Really slow. Only had one hit and one shaker off the green can. Over by Brotchie got a solid hit. Obviously a good fish as it took quite a bit of line under good pressure. Alone, I managed to get one side of the boat clear and after a good scrap was lucky to get a gorgeous fish to the net. My biggest chinook this winter, high teens if not 20. Of course it had to have a adipose fin. Easy release . . . . for the fish anyways.;)
Trolled Albert head and the waterfront for a couple of hours started off well with a few shakers then landed a nice 10lbs hatchery wind started picking up slowed down packed up 👊

Any word on regulation changes for chinook salmon as of the 1st of April? Last year I though it closed until Aug 1st.

There's a proposal on the ministers desk that would allow a MSF opportunity for some regions.
This hasn't been approved yet.
My guess is we're back to non retention April 01

When does cod open up? My daughter wanted to play on and in the boat with me yesterday she’s 2 years old and my son 5 played a teenager move “you only want to go fishing I never get to do anything I want”. #dadlife

Missed the whole winter spring season unless we slip out Friday!
May 1st. Apr 1st west of Sheringham I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back