2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunstall today. 1100-300. I got a few unders, including a double header of two just unders. Then at 255pm I got a 74 cm deep into the bay. Off the bottom in 80 feet. Black flasher, jolly rancher little phat e. That was the best combo today. I also tried chartreuse flasher with Irish cream.
We thought the seal was a sealion at first but it was just a big seal. He got 2 of our fish but we beat him down and got 2 of them back. Did you notice the little white hourston driving erratically?

On a side note, more of a report we got most of our fish at 157ft on rigger with black double glow flasher and white glow hoochie on 32" leader.

Attachments

• 20231210_155818.jpg
    20231210_155818.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 106
I'm pretty sure I saw you guys, I was in a grey and red aluminum with a white motor. I stayed on the south side all day. I could hear the seals on the north side.

Screwing around over at Cowen waiting for Prawns and there's just a ton of little guys here. A couple that were closer but that's it. Pretty non stop at 147 167 on spoons.
That’s the only pet peeve of fishing at this time of year when you’re down as low as 200 feet is getting the shakers and little guys off the line. Unless they popped the clip themselves, I just bring them up with the downrigger and reel like crazy. But it’s still so much fun and an amazing hobby that we have chosen.

That’s the only pet peeve of fishing at this time of year when you’re down as low as 200 feet is getting the shakers and little guys off the line. Unless they popped the clip themselves, I just bring them up with the downrigger and reel like crazy. But it’s still so much fun and an amazing hobby that we have chosen.
I'll take popping shakers off all day over yelling at grown men about how to properly open a gate in the morning, or not to smoke, or to turn the Nickelback off, or to take some care in their work, or to protect the fireplace hearth because the tile took 8 months to get here from europe and theres no extra so if we damage it it's going to come out of my pocket to replace it all and then I have to get a dirty look and mumbling under their breath in response to all of that because they're immature human beings that have been enabled by their equally terrible friends and relatives and they should probably stop smoking so much weed because it's negatively affecting their ability to focus at the crack of 10 AM.

Shakers, way better.

Last edited:
I'll take popping shakers off all day over yelling at grown men about how to properly open a gate in the morning, or not to smoke, or to turn the Nickelback off, or to take some care in their work, or to protect the fireplace hearth because the tile took 8 months to get here from europe and theres no extra so if we damage it it's going to come out of my pocket to replace it all and then I have to get a dirty look and mumbling under their breath in response to all of that because they're immature human beings that have been enabled by their equally terrible friends and relatives and they should probably stop smoking so much weed because it's negatively effecting their ability to focus at the crack of 10 AM.

Shakers, way better.
Apparently I struck a nerve. ;)

I'll take popping shakers off all day over yelling at grown men about how to properly open a gate in the morning, or not to smoke, or to turn the Nickelback off, or to take some care in their work, or to protect the fireplace hearth because the tile took 8 months to get here from europe and theres no extra so if we damage it it's going to come out of my pocket to replace it all and then I have to get a dirty look and mumbling under their breath in response to all of that because they're immature human beings that have been enabled by their equally terrible friends and relatives and they should probably stop smoking so much weed because it's negatively effecting their ability to focus at the crack of 10 AM.

Shakers, way better.
I could tell you what they mumbled without even being there 😁

Shakers, way better.

When I used to run stagehand crews locally and for out of town shows, I’d deal with these types often. I found the best motivator for them was getting the 20 year old girl who works her butt off and knows her **** to show them how to do the job properly. “Hey Stacy, you’re doing a really great job over there, can you show Bill here how to do it like that? He looks like he’s having a bit of trouble…”

Turns out manipulating the fragile male ego is the highest leverage point there is when you need them to do their job. Too bad there aren’t more women in the trades.

Shakers, way better.
Lol @ Nickelback 😂

Shakers, way better.
Nickelback!?!? Christmas time or not, FIRED!

One day this late summer out at sand heads my gf put nickelback on and rite away we got into a double header so of coarse next slow moment I put them back on ( not proud of that lol) but the another big smash and a 20 plus came aboard. Next 3 fish were caught while they were on…….. I don’t hate them as much anymore lolol.

One day this late summer out at sand heads my gf put nickelback on and rite away we got into a double header so of coarse next slow moment I put them back on ( not proud of that lol) but the another big smash and a 20 plus came aboard. Next 3 fish were caught while they were on…….. I don’t hate them as much anymore lolol.
I will try Mega Death next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back