2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steady stream of boats of all sizes heading down my street to Vanier today.

Quick tip to avoid the narrower streets and roundabouts is when you come in off Cornwall on to Cypress, take the first right on Greer. Have had a few boat trailers do some damage to the garden on the roundabout at Cypress and Creelman; the woman who tends to it does it in memory of her late husband.

Steady stream of boats of all sizes heading down my street to Vanier today.

Quick tip to avoid the narrower streets and roundabouts is when you come in off Cornwall on to Cypress, take the first right on Greer. Have had a few boat trailers do some damage to the garden on the roundabout at Cypress and Creelman; the woman who tends to it does it in memory of her late husband.
Good tip, I go that way without a trailer.

Too rough to fish but you crossed the strait. I’m confused lol.
It got really rough by the tsawwassen ferry terminal while trying to get to sandheads. We lookwd across to active and it looked doable so switched plans. It was too rough for fishing but we tried for an hour. Going through active to the otherside wasn't an option.

Gentlemen, start yer engines!

Breaking in a new hip at home, will live vicariously through you guys this time. Reds vs whites would be nice to know.
If I can get a half decent weather window this weekend I'll get out and see what it is like. I'll try to bonk one for you. How many more hours before you can get that new hip up to full throttle?

Ended the day with 2 springs pulled from Bell. 75 & 82cm. Had another screamer snap a swivel. Bait for the 82 at 50' and homeland lure on the other one deep (90'). The 82 was NNW of the Bell in about 140' and the 75 was further north still in about 175'. Really good fights from both.

Also saw a few humpbacks loitering about 400m north of the pack of boats. Would have been much more apparent if calm but one surfaced about 10 meters from our boat at one point. Solid morning on the water.

If I can get a half decent weather window this weekend I'll get out and see what it is like. I'll try to bonk one for you. How many more hours before you can get that new hip up to full throttle?
Staples out, can walk without crutches but still a bit of a limp. Too risky to be out there for a few weeks for sure. Would only skipper the boat n let guests run the gear when I do get back out.

FOMO for sure though. Especially with good results near the North Arm

Fished T-10 from 7 - 9 am in the swells. Spent 10 achovies on 6 pinks. Not a good deal. Pinks seemed out deeper from the shoal dropoff and when you got into them both rods went off. Tried anywhere from 40' to 80' to get away from them.

Then some members of the crew felt they were at the end of their tether (even after a dose of children's gravol) so we called it.

Bit disappointed overall not to find any chinooks but felt like we lived to fish another day.

Ended the day with 2 springs pulled from Bell. 75 & 82cm. Had another screamer snap a swivel. Bait for the 82 at 50' and homeland lure on the other one deep (90'). The 82 was NNW of the Bell in about 140' and the 75 was further north still in about 175'.
We're they caught on the bait or lure? Wondering if lures work well at this time, since the Pinks seem to be devouring bait. Thanks

Lost spark on my motor - got towed back. Short but sweet. If the person who towed me is on here, sorry I forgot your name and thank you again for the help. I really appreciate it, as the weather was getting worse, and C-tow would have cost an arm and a leg.
We're they caught on the bait or lure? Wondering if lures work well at this time, since the Pinks seem to be devouring bait. Thanks
Got my 2 his morning on herring aid skinny g

Last edited:
Successful day guys. You got the minute by minute weather report above. Intense in the morning. Ok at noon. And it was very nice from 2 pm onwards…. Didn’t make it to T-10. Fished between 2nd mile marker and past the bell buoy, outside the restricted area of course. Plenty of pinks, some in boat, and 3 decent size chinooks, two landed. Including this monster. Very happy fisherman :)

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpeg
    IMG_6418.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 212
Successful day guys. You got the minute by minute weather report above. Intense in the morning. Ok at noon. And it was very nice from 2 pm onwards…. Didn’t make it to T-10. Fished between 2nd mile marker and past the bell buoy, outside the restricted area of course. Plenty of pinks, some in boat, and 3 decent size chinooks, two landed. Including this monster. Very happy fisherman :)
Nice fish! Looks like a red.

Set up around 715 am at t10, trolled for 10 mins, took one over the gunnel and ran for cover...dropped in around ubc in about 160' and nailed a nice 78cm then silent for quite a while. It got snarls mid day and we trolled to point Atkinson for a few laps. Then it started to lay down so ripped back to the bell, nailed a 74cm then a 76cm and called it. I would have loved to head back to t10 and south it's going to be an amazing evening out there. All big herring, all about 55' and all beauty reds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back