2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 racks of medium - xl herring in the brine , should be pulling up to the lightship around 630am, let’s all try and play nice , and leave the knobbery at home
It is Friday but also a four day long weekend for many, so it could still be busy there.

Just be safe out there tomorrow… already been one boat flipped this year back in June we don’t want another. Easy for me to say, I wasn’t planning to get out til Sunday. Keep your radios on/ready and head on a swivel. Tight lines & good luck!

Still a bit confused. 1 spring up to 80cm? I have heard up to 80 and 1 or 2 with a minimum of 62 and no max.

I am normally as good as anyone at understanding the DFO site but not seeing it right now. I even have my glasses on and can't quite get a concise understanding.🤨

I know a few guys going to try to launch in Steveston so they can be right at Sandheads instead of at McDonald beach and then have to come down the north arm and hit that craziness with all the different currents and wave conditions etc.

It's a gigantic area, unless everyone wants to leg hump the greencan, I think there's lots of water to go around. Game (almost) on!
True but when the bite is off after a spell of dry weather , lots of those fish stack right along the stretch that runs parallel to the green can . Can float around out in the deeper water but I like to fish it a bit more deliberately

Just wondering what everyone's preference is when bleeding salmon, cut gills on one side only, cut gills on both sides, or cut tail?

I've experimented with all but cutting the gills on one side seems to get the most blood out. Cutting the other side seems to somewhat slow the bleeding process. Thoughts?

True but when the bite is off after a spell of dry weather , lots of those fish stack right along the stretch that runs parallel to the green can . Can float around out in the deeper water but I like to fish it a bit more deliberately
Guide boats agree with this statement.

I know a few guys going to try to launch in Steveston so they can be right at Sandheads instead of at McDonald beach and then have to come down the north arm and hit that craziness with all the different currents and wave conditions etc.
The current off the south arm from Steveston is worse in my experience.

I might drop the lines further north to get as much fishing time as possible before the tide change. What time do we have light these days?

So need a bit of help Should I take my stand up paddle board or my 6 foot kayak? I could fall back to my 6 foot frog boat or go with the big guns 9 foot canoe tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back