2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up with a hatchery coho when I announced 5 more minutes. Pulled the plug after that. Night bite seemed way better yesterday. Marked lots of fish at Seymour Bay but they just were not taking out gear. All in all it was a great weekend at Bowen.
Tomorrow we are back to home town Crescent Beach awaiting Bamfield next weekend.

Finally made it out yesterday. Great water, enough breeze to keep us cool till we left at 2:00.
40ish boats at Pt. Atkinson when we got there at 8:00. Half of them actually in 28-6. 1 longline release for us and didn't see anyone box anything from 8 to 10. 60ish boats there when we left at 10.
Motored over to Cowan and fished 240' to 300' depth from the point to about a mile west. Tried different gear combo than fish have likely been seeing.
- Water released 2 x 55cm chinook caught on Green & SIlver Polar Bear bucktail (barb removed), 18" behind a Herring Aid flasher @ 104'.
- 1 Pink, and a brown Rockfish on a 4" White Hoochie 30" behind a Blue & Silver flasher @ 85'.
- 78cm Chinook on a Humpy Special combo @ 65'. ???

Polar.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason I made/edited this video before my few Vancouver area ones I’ve gotten over the past month or so… but figured you guys would enjoy it nonetheless.

That was so perfectly boring. I usually feel like I have to take a shot and hit the No. 5 after most other videos.

Had a great weekend on the water, even though the fishing was slow. Saturday was a full skunk-fest. Had some things to deal with and couldn’t get out on the water until noon, missed the morning bite. Trolled PA and didn’t get a whiff. Spoons, hoochies, bucktails etc. Went and got some bait that night and headed out first thing Sunday morning. Got a couple pinks and a small spring early at PA, but saw very few nets out. Looked dead, so we trolled down to Ambleside, where we hit a nice 13 lb spring on bait within an hour. Lost another one that bit a herring aid skinny g, about 30 mins after that. After a few more laps with no action, we headed home. I know why 28-9 and 28-6 are open for chinook - because there aren’t any around! 🤣

Water was glass calm Sunday morning, felt pretty lucky just to be out there, fish or not.

Attachments

• 114A60FB-3A0B-483B-9F1F-79999408F13E.jpeg
    114A60FB-3A0B-483B-9F1F-79999408F13E.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 48
Where’s everyone launching to get out to sandheads. I’m thinking about joining the gong show this weekend but I’ve never fished there.

Where’s everyone launching to get out to sandheads. I’m thinking about joining the gong show this weekend but I’ve never fished there.
Go Friday, stop at Tango 10. Don’t forget to mark your license. You’re welcome. Edit. Unless you were coming from Ladner, then of course, Sandheads.

Yah. Fished ~6 to ~11… 28-6… 3 bites, 2 undersized chinook to the boat… others were not doing any better it seemed… it was slow.
Better day on Sunday... fished ~6-12... started at PA, eventually ended up at the Cap... early 67cm chinook at PA... wild coho and a couple undersized chinook released... a couple bites did not stick... slowed way down after early morning. Fish seemed shallow... ~40 feet. The coho took the spoon right off the surface of the water right before I was going to send it down... good thing I had a good hand on that rod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back