2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous night tonight around Nanoose Hit a bunch of pinks at Gerald then went to Ballenas and a couple undersized springs and crap loads of dog fish.
Nice and calm!

Another run to French Creek. Great fishing lots of big springs! Seemed like they are all over 85’-210’. Spoons, plugs and hootchies!
It’s been pretty solid for a while. Some smaller but longer fish last night for us. Nice chrome 10 pounders. We fished hootchies last night just to do something different. Colour doesn’t seem to matter as I put out a full sized sparkley pink and blue one from the chum derby a few years ago and it even caught a fish.

Pretty slow day for us today only a few pinks and sharks to the boat today. Tried plugs, spoons, hootchies pretty much everything inside the tackle box. Wonder if the fish have moved on ? Anyone try Little Q yet this year ?

Found the same yesterday at the humps. Did manage to get a spring in the morning, in the evening a couple pinks. Was hoping for epic non-stop action. Still lots around, think it is something to do with the heat.

Got out yesterday morning and fished humps. Got our two springs. White hoochie and a plug. Released 3 wild coho looking for hatchery. Absolutely beautiful out. So calm.

Pretty slow day for us today only a few pinks and sharks to the boat today. Tried plugs, spoons, hootchies pretty much everything inside the tackle box. Wonder if the fish have moved on ? Anyone try Little Q yet this year ?
yeah it was brutal today ,after it was electric on Wednesday

Got a couple springs a hatchery coho and 3 pinks. Released some wild coho and a few undersized springs. Fishing various spoons with dummy flasher off the cannonball. I never use flashers on my mainline anymore. Flatter than pee on a plate out there but very Smokey.
image000000.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 20
My friend Rick from the city setting his line yesterday at French Creek. At least he knows how to run the lines. As you can see the water was amazing.

out yesterday at 600 am until 300 pm, fished the humps, one hatch coho on a white hootchie several wild cohos and about 6 pinks all released, moved up to the little Q and round 11am, a couple of wild coho and about another 8 pinks, Interesting the pinks at the humps were darker in colour but the pinks off of the river mouth were still bright chrome. No springs for this crew.

Found the same yesterday at the humps. Did manage to get a spring in the morning, in the evening a couple pinks. Was hoping for epic non-stop action. Still lots around, think it is something to do with the heat.
I’ve been running up to FC as well, great size springs everywhere. The rain we’re getting should set off the Little Q. Could be very good in the next couple of days.

Out yesterday at 1pm to 7:30pm and wow was it ever better than the previous weekend. Lost count of how many wild coho we got but it looks like we can retain 1 wild coho starting today? Please correct me if I’m wrong. Landed 2 just oversized springs 82cm and 85cm. They were pretty coloured up but came home with a nice chrome 70cm and 2 hatchery cohos. Skinny G outdid everything else and catching fish anywhere from 100’ to 250’ on the rigger

Out yesterday at 1pm to 7:30pm and wow was it ever better than the previous weekend. Lost count of how many wild coho we got but it looks like we can retain 1 wild coho starting today? Please correct me if I’m wrong. Landed 2 just oversized springs 82cm and 85cm. They were pretty coloured up but came home with a nice chrome 70cm and 2 hatchery cohos. Skinny G outdid everything else and catching fish anywhere from 100’ to 250’ on the rigger
french creek 2 x hatchery coho sept 1st
2 x spring min 62min , no max

Yes you are allowed 1 wild and one hatchery, or 2 hatchery coho. 2 springs min 62 cm, no slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back