2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone out there and can report on conditions , want to take grandkids out , but don’t want to traumatize them
looks a bit bumpy

Trying the early bite this morning. Rain gear close at hand. Hopefully the Orca effect has passed by now. Cheers.
I saw them right as dropping in on Thursday but didn’t seem to make a difference (for once). Die they cruise by yesterday?

Got out at first light to just north of T10. 15 or so boats out. Just passed a 16’ lake boat out here. Lumpy but not too bad at all. Typical choices 40-55’. Lots of hits that didn’t stick as good as sat but some double headers kept us busy. Lots of nets out. Got our limit and heading in for a nap. Hers how the water looks now.

Attachments

• 7E453F2B-1058-49F5-80C5-130705CFE827.jpeg
    7E453F2B-1058-49F5-80C5-130705CFE827.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 205
As soon as I heard they were closing shop I went out and cleaned a few stores of their stock. I have one that has been chewed so much most of the paint is gone and it still catches lots.
I have used the gutbomb and it is great. what do the happy hour and tossed salad look like, I might have those out of the package...

Ran across from Ladysmith Saturday am. Lines in at 6:30 Between t10 and sand heads. No anchovies just running spoons. Caught one around 8:45 closer to sand heads, then nothing until 10:30, around the same area ( where the fleet was). Pulled the lines at 1:30 for the crossing home. 1hr 15 min. Definitely not the day that many had on the 1st and 2nd. weather looks good for Monday , so will probably give it a go again, this time I’ll bring bait. 1 white 1 red both high teens, first fish at 45’ second at 63’.

Fished the afternoon Thursday Friday Saturday, sandheads. Thursday like many reported, was on fire, hits on everything, and everywhere, easy limits in no man’s land 500-600 ft with no boats around. Decided to run no flashers Friday, started at 150ft dropped in a couple big spoons bang bang, couple unders right away, sweet, decided to troll out the crowd hoping for a repeat of Thursday. Nothing… switched to bait, nothing, tried white hooch, nothing. Pulled gear and came back to where the pros hang out, put down a raincity special and got into a bunch of fish with steady action. Still itching for more, zipped out Saturday evening solo and right back to 150ft Currents seamed stronger and the wind was blowing but fishable. By the time I set my gear up I was blown into 400 ft at water, decided to troll bait back towards to lighthouse, couldn’t keep the speed I wanted for the life of me, at this point I’m sure my baits not rolling like it should and no point fishing bait like this. Switched up to a white hooch and finally got into some action trolling fast, multiple violent hits at 4mph until dark, awesome. Riggers set 47-67, all fish hit in under 200 feet of water. The few boats around in the evening were also hitting fish with multiple nets out. Nothing like Thursday but there’s still fish out there

Good but not outstanding morning bite today at t-10. 2 in the box 10-13lbs. Lots of unders a couple mud sharks and a nice double header lost to tangled lines in a fk up in the wind. No limits today but a decent morning. Will give sandheads a go tomorrow at first light as I hear that’s where the real magic is happening

Fished the afternoon Thursday Friday Saturday, sandheads. Thursday like many reported, was on fire, hits on everything, and everywhere, easy limits in no man’s land 500-600 ft with no boats around. Decided to run no flashers Friday, started at 150ft dropped in a couple big spoons bang bang, couple unders right away, sweet, decided to troll out the crowd hoping for a repeat of Thursday. Nothing… switched to bait, nothing, tried white hooch, nothing. Pulled gear and came back to where the pros hang out, put down a raincity special and got into a bunch of fish with steady action. Still itching for more, zipped out Saturday evening solo and right back to 150ft Currents seamed stronger and the wind was blowing but fishable. By the time I set my gear up I was blown into 400 ft at water, decided to troll bait back towards to lighthouse, couldn’t keep the speed I wanted for the life of me, at this point I’m sure my baits not rolling like it should and no point fishing bait like this. Switched up to a white hooch and finally got into some action trolling fast, multiple violent hits at 4mph until dark, awesome. Riggers set 47-67, all fish hit in under 200 feet of water. The few boats around in the evening were also hitting fish with multiple nets out. Nothing like Thursday but there’s still fish out there
Did you land any using the white hootchie?

Did you land any using the white hootchie?
Yes, but pain going so fast, needed to slow down significantly to have any success bringing the fish to the boat. Hooch, small leader, is easy to net, glad I didn’t have to net solo my bait set up with a 10 foot leader, that would of been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back