2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t even need a teaser for green label and above sized herring , rig them on cutplug leaders with a half hitch around the mouth to keep it bent , I like to pin the tail up with a toothpick down the spine from the tail end aswell . Learnt this up in haida gwaii years ago and haven’t fished a anchovy in years , very rarely fish a teaser head unless I’m fishing red label . This fishes well in areas with lots of current where you have blow out issues with cut plugs . Known as a “ wholly roller “

^ very similar to what I do

Don’t even need a teaser for green label and above sized herring , rig them on cutplug leaders with a half hitch around the mouth to keep it bent , I like to pin the tail up with a toothpick down the spine from the tail end aswell . Learnt this up in haida gwaii years ago and haven’t fished a anchovy in years , very rarely fish a teaser head unless I’m fishing red label . This fishes well in areas with lots of current where you have blow out issues with cut plugs . Known as a “ wholly roller “

Neat.

T10:

Biggest in the box today was 25 pounds after bleeding out. 2 marbled, 1 red, 1 white. My fishing partners bait experiment showed that they did prefer the anchovies over herring by a large margin. Salted only, no colour added. Wire in the teaserhead.

The AP Tackle 5” lemon lime anchovy spoon with a glow green flasher was killing it, as I had to switch to it after the fish murdered my Skinny G earlier.

Felt like a west coast day out there, loved it. Rain gear, centre console, and excellent. fishing.

When does everyone like to bleed/gut their fish? I usually stop fishing to do it instantly when fishing solo as it seems to keep the meat exceptionally fresh.
Right after I bonk it, while the heart keeps beating so it can pump more of the blood out. Also, I fill the bucket with water so there's added pressure on the fish to squeeze more blood out.

Last edited:

Kai White uses that a lot too

Right after I bonk it, while the heart keeps beating so it can pump more of the blood out. Also, I fill the bucket with water so there's added pressure on the fish to squeeze more blood out.
Yes, soon as possible, and I find kitchen shears going right under all the gill stack and crunching all the way through will bleed way more volume than poking in there with a knife.

Salt water straight from the drink, it’s cool enough I assume for 10 mins until the ice box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back