2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On which area do I post my day in the Active Pass area , would that be Gulf Islands , I don't want to get smacked on the hand .
Post wherever you like tons of guys from the van area run across to gulf islands and post in van reports. But guess technically should be in gulf islands report

Picked up a couple swim baits recently...what do you guys use for leaders on swim baits for ling cod? Almost looks like a steel leader in that pic..

Picked up a couple swim baits recently...what do you guys use for leaders on swim baits for ling cod? Almost looks like a steel leader in that pic..
I tie my 60# braid to a heavy swivel with a palomar knot, then I use around 5 feet of 60-80 pound mono for leader to the swim bait. Steel leaders are fine too but id rather have my line break at the bait when a snag happens rather then be forced to cut my braid.

Nice, Ive never caught a ling cod before and was wondering if they care what line you use...I have some 200lb dacron sturgeon leader Id love to use as its abraision and teeth proof....

Nice, Ive never caught a ling cod before and was wondering if they care what line you use...I have some 200lb dacron sturgeon leader Id love to use as its abraision and teeth proof....

They aren't terribly fussy if they are around. Was hammering them off Tofino a week or so ago on a spreader bar with dual single hooks in freezer burnt herring.

Only problem with using braid for liter line on swim baits is the limpness of the braid. Alot of times the swim bait will get tangled around the mainline. We use stiff liter line like 60-80. 40lb breaks too easily.

They aren't terribly fussy if they are around. Was hammering them off Tofino a week or so ago on a spreader bar with dual single hooks in freezer burnt herring.
Big heads. C7369C53-DB11-48EA-8F08-3AF2317C3223.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back