Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished yesterday morning. Lines down at the Trap and about 10 mins later, nice fish on and we landed a nice 77cm white that was 13.5#. Couple smaller ones after that and nothing else. Looked pretty slow.

Morning the past couple days have been slower than mid-day on...kept 2 of 6 today with only 2 guys on the boat. More sockeye jumpers the last couple days, but they look smaller than the earlier ones. Kept one hatch coho and let a couple wild and a sock go. Lots of small springs and tiny coho today...wish they would move along.....wearing my downriggers out..lol

Morning the past couple days have been slower than mid-day on...kept 2 of 6 today with only 2 guys on the boat. More sockeye jumpers the last couple days, but they look smaller than the earlier ones. Kept one hatch coho and let a couple wild and a sock go. Lots of small springs and tiny coho today...wish they would move along.....wearing my downriggers out..lol

Average weight of 4.34 pounds is tiny for late run, still probably mostly summers

1661267516013.png

How was fishing in Sooke today (Tuesday) if anyone got out?
It was good first light got our 3 then left these were fresh fish then it dropped a bit had a real good screamer on a whopping 18 lbs short fat bugger white spring that fought like a monster. he was a wannabe... but fog was in and out made it a bit of a *****.

Fished Muir Creek today from 645 to 1045 with my friend who just sold his boat on Monday. In the first 30 minutes we got a double header, lost one and had the other on for 5 minutes then it bit us off. Got a 9lb at 830 and then it went dead for and 1.5 hours.. Got a 7lb let it go and then got a 79.5 cm and it was over and time to go home.

Lots of shakers at Muir and Blue Wolf warned me before I got there about them. We used 22 pieces of bait today. Fish for us were at 75 ft on the DR. all on bait. I saw other with nets out, so I assume they got fish too.

Attachments

• Aug 24 2 X spring Sooke.jpg
    Aug 24 2 X spring Sooke.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 93
We fished Otter Point/Muir and Sheringham from 6 AM-2 PM today and we only had a 6 or 7 pound spring right off the hop and small shakers the rest of the day. Glad to hear someone had some success out that way. Fished all over the depth range early in the morning (30-50) deeper as the sun came up (60-80). Fished plugs mostly but mixed in some spoons later in the morning. Weather was fantastic this morning and the other fisherman in the area were all doing there part to keep the rotation going along the point.

Dan

Went out for a couple hours this afternoon. Picked up a 10lb spring right away near the shack and then nothing but shakers. Bait all over the place and a few other boats getting fish.

Got into 8 decent springs today up to 21 pounds which went back...kept 5 for the day. Started the afternoon trip leaving the dock at 1pm...by 1"50 we had our 3 springs stating with a doubleheader. Lots of sockeye jumpers and released a few that took the spoons. 55 to 65 ft. Beauty day. Heard a funny story today from a longtime Otter Point fisher...he was woken last night by a ruckus coming from a back yard kitchen shed in his yard....he went out and found a bear with the freezer door open and helping himself to his halibut and other snacks. I asked him if he asked the bear...May I help you? lol He said it took off pretty quick.

Fished Church rock to race passage for a short run. No bites but we did see bait and fish on the sounder. Fish were Tight lipped at the time we were there I guess.

Fished Whirl Bay, Race Passage and Pedder yesterday. About 2 pm when I got out it was constant action let go a smaller chinook in hopes of catching something bigger but that never happened. Tones of shakers just about every time I pulled up a line there was a little guy on there kind of annoying.

Out this morning (Thursday) 7-10:30. Quite foggy so we stayed at possession. Started out quiet, a few shakers, then around 9:45 landed a nice fat 79cm then 30 min later another around 12 lbs. both on coho killer spoons. Dragged bait on one side for about 2.5 hrs before giving up on it.

Attachments

• D30051E5-6C8A-4510-9B7D-C30198B67AC8.jpeg
    D30051E5-6C8A-4510-9B7D-C30198B67AC8.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 163
  • A2BC656A-F8BB-45D1-9091-5180FC6D8E69.jpeg
    A2BC656A-F8BB-45D1-9091-5180FC6D8E69.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 159
Crazy day. Super foggy in the morning. Little bit of wind with ebb tide made for a fun morning in the dark to Otter. Fished 5:40am - 11:40am, 6 hrs. From the get go was great 4 for 6 on springs till about 7am. Biggest 15lbs, lost a nice one would have been over. Most between 8-12 lbs. Couple shakers. Then went quiet 7am -10am, trolled up to Muir where only had 1 hit and 1 fish 18lbs released. Then trolled back to Otter. From 10am to 11:30am went 5 for 9. 4 pin poppers in a row. Lost two long line releases and 2 landed and released 25 lbs and 20 lbs. Great fighting fish. The rest were 10 to 15lbs. So 9 for 13 on springs all on bait and 3 wild coho. Actually flattened out when flooding and fog finally lifted around 10:30am or so. A nice fun 6 hrs.

Last edited:
Crazy day. Super foggy in the morning. Little bit of wind with ebb tide made for a fun morning in the dark to Otter. Fished 5:40am - 11:40am, 6 hrs. From the get go was great 4 for 6 on springs till about 7am. Biggest 15lbs, lost a nice one would have been over. Most between 8-12 lbs. Couple shakers. Then went quiet 7am -10am, trolled up to Muir where only had 1 hit and 1 fish 18lbs released. Then trolled back to Otter. From 10am to 11:30am went 5 for 9. 4 pin poppers in a row. Lost two long line releases and 2 landed and released 25 lbs and 20 lbs. Great fighting fish. The rest were 10 to 15lbs. So 9 for 13 on springs all on bait and 3 wild coho. Actually flattened out when flooding and fog finally lifted around 10:30am or so. A nice fun 6 hrs.
Pretty lame around the trap. Shoulda ran further west.

Out this morning (Thursday) 7-10:30. Quite foggy so we stayed at possession. Started out quiet, a few shakers, then around 9:45 landed a nice fat 79cm then 30 min later another around 12 lbs. both on coho killer spoons. Dragged bait on one side for about 2.5 hrs before giving up on it.
Nice Fish. Both looked like they were clipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back