Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped in this afternoon off entrance, wanted to give it a shot. Only 4 boats by the time I dropped in and it was a ghost town for myself, and others it seemed. Toying with ripping back across from Roberts creek for first light.

By the way, it looks insanely fishy this side but the orcas went through this afternoon and are hanging around Dvais Bay / Trail Islands. Sure seems like we need the meat out now.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just looking for a bit of help if possible. I normally fish area 19, but I will be in area 17 on the weekend around dock point and tent island. If someone can let me know of any places to drop the lines to try my luck in that area it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Still productive off Hudson Rock... on one side of the boat at 60-65 feet. Other than bait, none of my gear seems to be producing any keepers at the moment. Any thoughts? Is this just getting to the time of the year for some of these fish where it's

Just looking for a bit of help if possible. I normally fish area 19, but I will be in area 17 on the weekend around dock point and tent island. If someone can let me know of any places to drop the lines to try my luck in that area it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Have a lok at the Fishing BC app. I think that area may be closed

Got out for a quick fish this evening with my wife. Slow going. Trolled around Neck Point nada. Went to the fingers to join the crowd nada. Didn’t see much bait or anything on the sounder. No nets either.

However it was a beautiful evening out there.
Same story here but over at entrance. Threw everything I had at it for 6 hours. Deep (300ft) shallow (50ft) hootchies, spoons, north reef, south reef... Nothing

I was off entrance again yesterday from 730 to 3 pm. In that time I had 2 low 60s chinooks, both on a white jughead at 160' in 350'. Both were gently released and other than that, it was quiet. I only saw one net for a Chinook off one of the Vancouver guide boats. Beauty day, seemed fishy off the sounder but I tried lots of metal and rubber to no avail. Great day otherwise.

I was off entrance again yesterday from 730 to 3 pm. In that time I had 2 low 60s chinooks, both on a white jughead at 160' in 350'. Both were gently released and other than that, it was quiet. I only saw one net for a Chinook off one of the Vancouver guide boats. Beauty day, seemed fishy off the sounder but I tried lots of metal and rubber to no avail. Great day otherwise.
And like that, (gentle blowing noise), they were gone...

Have a lok at the Fishing BC app. I think that area may be closed
Non-retention for Chinook of you're South/SE of a line that runs from the green can to the last finger. Otherwise fine.

Anyway, managed one dark one (77 cm) that ran like a train right at dusk again last night close to the last finger. I do concur with other reports that things have cooled off a bit. Definitely more boats than fish last night.

Went out near Entrance and off the Fingers last week and landed a couple of nice ones along with many unders. The smaller of the two had flesh that was the colour of Ketchup. Not just red, but Ketchup red. Someone said that there is a Fraser run that they call "Fraser Tomatoes". Has anyone ever heard this term?
Never heard of it but I do now. Thanks for sharing the info.

Nice evening fish tonight. Released a few overs and wild coho and got one to release onto the bbq.

Also rescued a kayaker that flipped over with no PFD.

PXL_20220819_011507568.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20220818-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20220818-WA0009.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 100
Out yesterday evening for about an hour or so as well. Two around 66cm, kept one that was hatchery, let the other go. First time fishing off neck point and first time fishing a hoochie. One took the white hoochie the other a pink sink skinny g in the same spot (thankful for waypoints on gps haha)

one guy cleaning an oversized fish at the launch as we left. "81cm" he said :rolleyes:

We'd like to try prawning soon. is that still an option right now or is it the wrong season/time of year?

Was good out there for us last night as well. Trolled just north of the line beside the Fingers under the bait and there was a ton of it. Lost a hard running spring that would have been in the teens to a seal that frankly didn't look all that hungry but wouldn't give it up. Then lost a crazy coho dancing a jig beside the boat, and on about the fifth double gainer he shook the hook out. But did manage to keep one 65cm hatch spring to take home for a few meals. Nice red meat, almost like a sockeye. White hooch was the ticket for me too, down 80 feet, until the bait came up closer to the top, then I got some action at 40-50 feet. Beautiful evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back