Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen it so consistently good right out front. as this season; I'm barely burning any fuel. Lots of bait; almost all of my keepers full of 2-3" fish. Lots of good slot fish (high 70cm) at the moment, so happy to throw the overs back.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen it so consistently good right out front. as this season; I'm barely burning any fuel. Lots of bait; almost all of my keepers full of 2-3" fish. Lots of good slot fish (high 70cm) at the moment, so happy to throw the overs back.
What's considered out front for you? Fingers?

What's considered out front for you? Fingers?
I'm often not getting past Hudson Rocks. I know some guys, including the shore casters, are killing it at Neck Point. There just seems to be more bait holding in this area this year. Over the last few seasons I've just headed to Entrance unless weather was poor or time was short because of more bait and fish holding there.

Location varies day to day. Find bait suspended on the structure and start jigging. I usually start at the Fingers or wherever there's lots of bird activity
Hey Outbeen, where abouts do you jig for them? I've got a couple kids and they get  very board trolling. Thinking of giving this a whirl.

Thanks

Got out for a quick fish yesterday afternoon. Stayed between pipers and Clark rock as it was rough and my wife wasn’t loving it. But she stuck it out and I was grateful. Slow again. One good pin popper that I lost. Didn’t have that killer instinct. Quite a bit bait.

Parking lot at Brechin was full but only a handful off fingers and neck point. Where was everyone everyone?

Anyone else been struggling at Entrance this year? Whalebone, grande, fingers all produce for me but Entrance has been stubbornly slow.

Got out for a quick fish yesterday afternoon. Stayed between pipers and Clark rock as it was rough and my wife wasn’t loving it. But she stuck it out and I was grateful. Slow again. One good pin popper that I lost. Didn’t have that killer instinct. Quite a bit bait.

Parking lot at Brechin was full but only a handful off fingers and neck point. Where was everyone everyone?
Definitely choppy this afternoon and slower than it has been lately

Still nice to get out

Location varies day to day. Find bait suspended on the structure and start jigging. I usually start at the Fingers or wherever there's lots of bird activity
Thanks, I'll give it a shot at some point.

Was out yesterday morning for a few hours around Piper's, Clark, and Hudson. Nothing but shakers and a coho for us. I ran into a few others with similar stories.

You guys trolling near bottom or up suspended for these fish around Clark and Hudson? Or is it a jig show?
All keepers in the last week between 60 and 120' trolling. Sometimes near bottom, most not. I tried really shallow near the jiggers one evening, but nada for me; those fish just weren't biting on my gear while some of the jiggers were killing it. Back to my normal tactics.

2 Keepers last night just N of Fingers 150 and 160'. One near the top of the slot. A couple other boats at the ramp with single fish. Didn't see a sign of all those big dark fish that were all over the place last weekend.
Nothing for me jigging last night. Marked lots on the sounder but not hitting.

Looked like the trollers were doing good saw a fair few fish landed off the fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back