2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

What about the rest of us with our little boats that can’t withstand the winter weather :p
@Rain City it’s time to start the SFBC Pod Conversion Charter Funds. Sell the season pass with no option to cancel/refund and you could go to a twin outboard setup by April. Dogs and Stoli at extra charge.
You’re welcome!

What an epic day. At least 10 hits, 4 close to keepers gaff released. Two twins in the mid 60's kept. Lost what looked like a 10+lb fish at the stern trying to manage a solo net job. All caught by the freighters at the second mile marker on the suspended rod. Chartreuse flasher with avocado lighthouse lure 3.5.

What an epic day. At least 10 hits, 4 close to keepers gaff released. Two twins in the mid 60's kept. Lost what looked like a 10+lb fish at the stern trying to manage a solo net job. All caught by the freighters at the second mile marker on the suspended rod. Chartreuse flasher with avocado lighthouse lure 3.5.
Boom! Nice work.

@Rain City it’s time to start the SFBC Pod Conversion Charter Funds. Sell the season pass with no option to cancel/refund and you could go to a twin outboard setup by April. Dogs and Stoli at extra charge.
You’re welcome!
Oh don't you worry there are some ideas flying already

Finally got out and broke the skunk streak! 2 hour fish from 1 to 3 in the freighters and
Mile markers. 67 cm Keeper on shallow rod (100’ in 160’) as noted above by others. Too my surprise as I was about to lower it. 3 others to the boat in the mid to low 50cm range. The keeper - which actually looked a bit skinny to my eye - had six small herring in its gut!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, sick of the my traps getting stolen .! I’m more than welcome to share some of my prawn holes that I do really well in if other guys look out for my traps and the same in return

And I promise you if I catch guys stealing y our traps i I’ll do what I won’t say online but I’ve had to many strings stolen now and there coming from Squamish

And I promise you if I catch guys stealing y our traps i I’ll do what I won’t say online but I’ve had to many strings stolen now and there coming from Squamish
What makes you believe they're coming from Squamish? Too bad there isn't some sort of alarm that gives you a signal when the trap is being raised. Sorry for your loss

Hey guys, sick of the my traps getting stolen .! I’m more than welcome to share some of my prawn holes that I do really well in if other guys look out for my traps and the same in return
How much weight do you add to your traps? Are they in shipping lanes as anyone can remove them if they are?

Back