2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I'm ready, this will be the first winter mourning the boat. Very exciting especially because the winter springs are bigger this year. I'll be out on Saturday, probably start at Tunstall and move around.
Sorry to hear about your boat death.....I'm sure we'll all be mourning with you...... ;)

There are tyees at HITW or at least that’s what I read on this thread….
Way back when (70’s) we got a 35 on Boxing Day. Can’t remember exactly what year right now but got it on a hoochie mid water

Way back when (70’s) we got a 35 on Boxing Day. Can’t remember exactly what year right now but got it on a hoochie mid water
Everything that's coming out of your mouth today is pissing me off. ;)

I’m gonna give it a go Saturday as well. Should be a beauty day out there, hope the winds cooperate. Howe Sound, Bowen… we’ll see where the ocean takes me lol. Will report. I want me a fat fat fat 74cm winter beauty too

I’m gonna give it a go Saturday as well. Should be a beauty day out there, hope the winds cooperate. Howe Sound, Bowen… we’ll see where the ocean takes me lol. Will report. I want me a fat fat fat 74cm winter beauty too

Looks like it will be sporty coming out of the harbor towards Howe sound tomorrow but I'm going to give it a shot, worst case have a look around the freighters to see how many ghost traps I can snag. Sunday and into next week seem better but tomorrow til 1 is my only slot until next weekend, at least.

Last edited:
Looks like it will be sporty coming out of the harbor towards Howe sound tomorrow but I'm going to give it a shot, worst case have a look around the freighters to see how many ghost traps I can snag. Sunday and until next week seem better but tomorrow til 1 is my only slot until next week, at least.
I think I’ll take out a second mortgage and drag the boat to launch at Sunset Marina…

Put two in the box yesterday around Hutt Island, between the markers around 150' of depth. Fish were right on bottom so lots of rigger adjusting needed, and anyone watching my tack would have thought I was blind drunk. But no!

Amazing to see how two fish, almost the same length, can be so different in their growth. One broad and with tons of intramuscular fat on her. The second skinny and lean.

IMG_4294.jpgIMG_4296.jpg

Back