2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Packed it In early . Didn’t see much bait around bell and north arm . Not even a sniff . Cold foggy and winds supposed to pick up so time for some beers at home . Good luck out there to whose out

Did HITW as well today. 9-3 only 1 very small shaker. It was so slow. Had porpoises come by and a sealion that kept breaching around us. Hope he was luckier. We did catch 5 other fish which was a first for me.

Attachments

• received_440108797223008.jpeg
    received_440108797223008.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 172
Few years back they were brutal. Haven't seen one the last couple years. Will be checking gear often once I get my boat back in the water. Assuming we're allowed to fish...

Trolled the freighters this morning, saw more seals than bait. found the bait in the afternoon outside the bell bouy, but coulnt get a bite up and down on the riggers. Got blown off around 330, first time without even a shaker. on another note, does anyone know what became of the sailboat grounded on spanish bank?

Let me know how you did up the Sound? Are you running the boat in your photo? I'll keep an eye out for you.

Didn't hit the water until 430pm so we went out for a pleasure ride and dropped some traps. She sure picked up out there.. couldn't make it to the west side of gambier due to time/wind so dropped some prawn traps mid gambier and landed 1 beauty shrimp.. No fishing for me today but i'll be out all day Monday.

I have a 17' Arima at Sewells which we took out.. view looked like this 99% of the way back. My old man fishes the Grady as he likes to stay "dry".

Attachments

• wave.jpg
    wave.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 168
... does anyone know what became of the sailboat grounded on spanish bank?
We crossed the strait late in the day and came back in to Vancouver Harbour at about 645pm and it was stuck in the ground with an anchor line out ... never ceases to amaze how often someone does that out there.

We crossed the strait late in the day and came back in to Vancouver Harbour at about 645pm and it was stuck in the ground with an anchor line out ... never ceases to amaze how often someone does that out there.
They just closed an entire lane of traffic through one of the busiest parks in North America. There are 400+ people living in tents in a park. We spent 1.2 million dollars on a chandelier under a bridge and 650k for a single toilet in a park. And this surprises you? This city is a joke.

They just closed an entire lane of traffic through one of the busiest parks in North America. There are 400+ people living in tents in a park. We spent 1.2 million dollars on a chandelier under a bridge and 650k for a single toilet in a park. And this surprises you? This city is a joke.
I hear you. Thankfully, this being a Fishing Report thread, I am forced to resist the temptation to complain about the ineptness of Vancouver’s mayor and council and the exodus of senior city staff. It is a world class city that currently, as you say, is a joke. Back to the Fishing Reports to legitimize this post, we didn’t fish on the way home yesterday.

Today I left mosquito creek around 630. Went over to the hole in the wall. We fished it for a while, we then trolled up to Newman creek. Then crossed over to Hutt Island and waterfall. Around lunch we crossed over to grace but the water was murky and seal was stocking us. We then went to Tunstall for an hour. And then a brutal ride home. Not a bite today. Barely any bait. Waterfall probably had the most bait. It rained and slushed for most of the day. Hindsight we should have gone to defense islands. But it looked socked in. March hasn't been very productive for me.

Today I left mosquito creek around 630. Went over to the hole in the wall. We fished it for a while, we then trolled up to Newman creek. Then crossed over to Hutt Island and waterfall. Around lunch we crossed over to grace but the water was murky and seal was stocking us. We then went to Tunstall for an hour. And then a brutal ride home. Not a bite today. Barely any bait. Waterfall probably had the most bait. It rained and slushed for most of the day. Hindsight we should have gone to defense islands. But it looked socked in. March hasn't been very productive for me.

That must have been one hell of a ride, we just dropped in at the cabin near robets creek and its just ripping on the Straits...boat is all dialed in for later this week, better weather coming...

Coming home last weekend from thormanby I stopped on the hump, into a number of fish all unders but good action till the orcas came through about 45min in and killed it.. might be worth a look for anyone heading out this week.

Coming home last weekend from thormanby I stopped on the hump, into a number of fish all unders but good action till the orcas came through about 45min in and killed it.. might be worth a look for anyone heading out this week.
I was killing it at the hump this time last year. Best area to fish hands down.

Back