2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone out this weekend ? Thinking of going Sunday

Looks pretty nasty out in the straits today, perhaps it will lay down tomorrow per the forecast? I'm dying to get back out after stuffing myself off my mtn bike 2 weeks ago where I manged to chip my pelvis, who does that? Wtf getting older sucks and I sure don't bounce like I once did haha.

Few more weeks so keep up the reports to keep me going!

Looks pretty nasty out in the straits today, perhaps it will lay down tomorrow per the forecast? I'm dying to get back out after stuffing myself off my mtn bike 2 weeks ago where I manged to chip my pelvis, who does that? Wtf getting older sucks and I sure don't bounce like I once did haha.

Few more weeks so keep up the reports to keep me going!
Gonna give it a shot tomorrow . Boat is ready been awhile since having her out. If too nasty will try harbour for a bit .

Just talking to a guy on Instagram and he had 5 out of his 6 traps stollen from up in the Sound on Thursday, fully weighed down and all, left it for an overnight soak and gone first light, he's pretty pissed off and i feel for him, 5 sets is a painful amount of traps to loose..
Man I would never leave a set overnight around here.

kinda died out once the ebb really got going.
Picked up another furry hitchhiker here getting silly
quite a bit of bait though
Good luck

Edit: grace was active on the tide change, deep 190+ on riggers small spoons.
Damn I knew I should have headed that direction. Got a few keeper crabs . Trap was pretty full . Only a few keepers though

Just talking to a guy on Instagram and he had 5 out of his 6 traps stollen from up in the Sound on Thursday, fully weighed down and all, left it for an overnight soak and gone first light, he's pretty pissed off and i feel for him, 5 sets is a painful amount of traps to loose..
Scum of the sea. That’s brutal

Morning.... So I work remotely and decided to work form the boat yesterday afternoon in the arm. Dropped the traps around for 2 hrs (1:30 to 3:30), got 10. Unbelievable, and 3 of them were pretty chunky. If you can, go out for a few hours and drop the traps, excellent crabbing these days. At least 6 keepers.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 172
Morning.... So I work remotely and decided to work form the boat yesterday afternoon in the arm. Dropped the traps around for 2 hrs (1:30 to 3:30), got 10. Unbelievable, and 3 of them were pretty chunky. If you can, go out for a few hours and drop the traps, excellent crabbing these days. At least 6 keepers.
Is it just me or does that crab look really pissed off lol

Is it just me or does it seem like this winter has been more windy with far fewer calm days to go out on the water than previous years? I am in a smaller boat and wife's stomach is sensitive to bad chop so we typically try to pick days that are 5-10knots or less. I keep an eye on a regular basis but just seems like there are not as many openings this winter. Even if it's light or 5-10 in the morning, if it's blowing hard the evening before it's still pretty bad the following morning despite low winds... Hopefully rest of Feb will be better.

Back