2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hey guys... Happy 2021!! Question on prawning. Going out tomorrow from Mosquito Creek. Taking the wife so will probably stay in the harbour or near horshoe bay. Is prawning ok in the harbour? Was thinking near point atkinson? If I don't make it to horshoe bay, thoughts? I know HB is guaranteed, just wondering if its worth dropping the prawn trap somewhere in the harbour, fish the Bell Buy / Mile marker, then back to collect prawns (if any)

Cheers

Hey guys... Happy 2021!! Question on prawning. Going out tomorrow from Mosquito Creek. Taking the wife so will probably stay in the harbour or near horshoe bay. Is prawning ok in the harbour? Was thinking near point atkinson? If I don't make it to horshoe bay, thoughts? I know HB is guaranteed, just wondering if its worth dropping the prawn trap somewhere in the harbour, fish the Bell Buy / Mile marker, then back to collect prawns (if any)

Cheers
I think

Cheers
As @happy hooker said. Just be careful on the sponge glass closures and be sure to clearly mark your floats.

Attachments

• E229D667-BFB6-4010-B1BC-6955C2E6F949.png
    E229D667-BFB6-4010-B1BC-6955C2E6F949.png
    916.7 KB · Views: 93
65cm hatchery and 75 prawns, winds were nice and calm. Had 8 fish total just the one keeper and a prawn trap that snagged and opened up on me... Lots of boats out in the sound good day
View attachment 60670
Where were you if you don’t mind me asking? I tried the same and just came home with 10 prawns and only got under sized

Fished from west of Bell and into the freighters from 930 until 130. Pulled up one side and put away the rod and downrigger as I was calling it a day. Got a hit on the other rod just before I was about to bring it in. Keeper at 125 feet basically bouncing the bottom almost directly beside the bell buoy. Purple haze and green coho killer. Was a decent fight and a little bit of a show trying to net it solo.

Back