Sorry, this question may have to be posted in the freshwater section but I'll be in CR all next week but this time with no boat. Staying at a place right on the and can only fish from the river bank targeting springs. Would anyone know if spring or pinks have moved to the river?

I need a point of clarification also - In the “No Downrigger” zone are we still limited to 80 cm max or is that waived in that area?

I need a point of clarification also - In the “No Downrigger” zone are we still limited to 80 cm max or is that waived in that area?
The Campbell River Special Management Zone has no max size but is subject to the 6oz/single barbless hook reg.
From the Area 13 regs:
1629314626135.png
1629314715766.png

Sorry, this question may have to be posted in the freshwater section but I'll be in CR all next week but this time with no boat. Staying at a place right on the and can only fish from the river bank targeting springs. Would anyone know if spring or pinks have moved to the river?
The pinks are in. Lots of guys fishing the Campbell and below the hatchery

Hello Everyone...

So, first trip up to Campbell River for me... Staying at Salmon Point Resort this coming weekend (Friday Aug 27th - Monday Aug 30th) for 4 days with my parents. Bringing the boat up (24ft Trophy Pro).

Being as we've never been that way before, we've been asking a few questions. All the tackle shops are talking about the "Green Can", etc... ?? Is that the marker 61 on Navionics?

Bringing the kids as well so hoping there might be some pinks in the area?

Not looking for the honey holes, just some areas we can get to with the kids for some action? Any recommended lures / combos?

Was also told to leave the crab traps at home due to the strong currents in the area...

Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks...

Hello Everyone...

So, first trip up to Campbell River for me... Staying at Salmon Point Resort this coming weekend (Friday Aug 27th - Monday Aug 30th) for 4 days with my parents. Bringing the boat up (24ft Trophy Pro).

Being as we've never been that way before, we've been asking a few questions. All the tackle shops are talking about the "Green Can", etc... ?? Is that the marker 61 on Navionics?

Bringing the kids as well so hoping there might be some pinks in the area?

Not looking for the honey holes, just some areas we can get to with the kids for some action? Any recommended lures / combos?

Was also told to leave the crab traps at home due to the strong currents in the area...

Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks...
P61 you bet
there are pinks around the same area
flashers with green glow splatterback, army truck white hootchies plugs and spoons all work

Hbpaints-you’ll have no launching or access issues at Salmon Point - good tides. Bring spin cast gear for the kids. Pinks are stacking up at the mouth of the Oyster River. Green Can and Hump still worth a shot for bigger fish.

I’m just getting home from work Mike hope to get out soon. Pretty happy to hear your still hooking up.
Been a steep learning curve but I'm getting there-finding bait seems to be the problem these days--but the fish are still willing and there!! I have been getting bait and fish right on the shoal in 45 ft water midway across the shoal. Still the odd bait ball on the fingers!

Was out tonight in the usual spot up at green can. Fished just east of all the boats, a bit deeper in that 250-300ft range and it was on fire. 6 to the boat in the first hour, picked up our keepers. Both in the 70’s. Was fishing in that between 150-175 on the down riggers.

Side note. Found a Fox 40 boat essential kit floating around the RCA area north of Salmon Point. If you’re boat is missing one, send me a message and its yours. I am in Salmon Point marina but always fishing around so no problem getting it back to you.

Was out tonight in the usual spot up at green can. Fished just east of all the boats, a bit deeper in that 250-300ft range and it was on fire. 6 to the boat in the first hour, picked up our keepers. Both in the 70’s. Was fishing in that between 150-175 on the down riggers.

Side note. Found a Fox 40 boat essential kit floating around the RCA area north of Salmon Point. If you’re boat is missing one, send me a message and its yours. I am in Salmon Point marina but always fishing around so no problem getting it back to you.
anybody been out this weekend? I was out on mid last week but only hit undersized.....there was alot of them though!

Yes-I had 4 keepers to the boat and kept one about 14. I was jigging but bait was sketchy-maybe the tide I was on.
Pretty much rigger fishing myself but good to change up from time to time. I have never jigged off Mudge but curious as to depth and lure weight for salmon.... Thanks

Pretty much rigger fishing myself but good to change up from time to time. I have never jigged off Mudge but curious as to depth and lure weight for salmon.... Thanks
I am not an expert by any means but I'm learning fast and having the odd success. I had been doing well at what they call the 3 fingers over by fransisco point in anything up to 100 ft and sometimes much less. Picking up slow jig techniques off youtube it seems a rule of thumb is 8o gm for each 100 feet-if you go real heavy shallow my understanding is the jig doesn't work right and plunges to the bottom too fast. Seems to make sense and I have had luck following that. Bait is the key-no bait-not much chance. My 2 cents

Fished browns today, lost a nice spring. Fed 7 pinks our anchovy and a nice ling. Lots of pinks running down with the tide..

Anyone ever fish coho around shelter/willow point? Having decent luck with springs and lots of pinks, wondering if coho cruise that area in the upcoming weeks. First year living in CR.

Back