From up north?

Glad others have found it slow, I was worried I was just a bad fisherman (still might be though).

We fished north south east west. Best fishing was south quadra. East of the green can. Tides were working in that favor and the tide runs different on each side of the shoal. Not the greatest fishing and we could have hit it harder but hey on vacation. Still killed ****

We fished north south east west. Best fishing was south quadra. East of the green can. Tides were working in that favor and the tide runs different on each side of the shoal. Not the greatest fishing and we could have hit it harder but hey on vacation. Still killed ****
Hi folks:

I hate to be ‘that guy’ yet I’m going to anyway

my boat has been in ‘rebuild engine’ mode for past 10 months (hey, only one lawyer involved....yet I digress......)

launched yesterday

Working our way to Campbell for some fishing

question: being distracted (and not being DFO fluent) Can you please Confirm that in the ground from comox to Campbell River

1) we are still 1 spring a day in the slot of 62-80cm

2) is there coho retention?

Thanks in advance

chris

Hi folks:

I hate to be ‘that guy’ yet I’m going to anyway

my boat has been in ‘rebuild engine’ mode for past 10 months (hey, only one lawyer involved....yet I digress......)

launched yesterday

Working our way to Campbell for some fishing

question: being distracted (and not being DFO fluent) Can you please Confirm that in the ground from comox to Campbell River

1) we are still 1 spring a day in the slot of 62-80cm

2) is there coho retention?

Thanks in advance

chris
Hatchery coho only !!!

Fished Light to Hump on the flood yesterday - 3 nice chinook and all the pinks anyone would want!
hey bill:

well, for an 'outa towner' like the mrs and i your patch of ground is a challenge

we'll be back saturday for round two

as it sits, CR 2 outa towners 0..........

tight lines

So Easy- Definitely not an easy place to fish with a big flood- sometimes I’ll fish only one rod when it’s running hard. Start south of the Lodge in 175 feet- Army Truck has been good- feed was mid-water the other day. If you hit a chinook, after playing and hopefully boating it, run back towards the light and pound the same spot again! Good luck out there!

What’s the fishing report up there? Spending a week at BB next week/weekend will be everywhere from Chatham to denham and back down. Will report as I go. Little pre trip intel would be much appreciated.
I wasn’t fishing today, just touring around. I talked to some guys on the dock that just came in who said it was slow for them. The wind was blowing pretty good up there.

So Easy- Definitely not an easy place to fish with a big flood- sometimes I’ll fish only one rod when it’s running hard. Start south of the Lodge in 175 feet- Army Truck has been good- feed was mid-water the other day. If you hit a chinook, after playing and hopefully boating it, run back towards the light and pound the same spot again! Good luck out there!
Thanks bill

very kind of you

our boat sits in the Campbell River HA awaiting our return saturday

spent most of my salmon time in ukee; this is something else!

Big swells vs big tides

both take some getting used to

thanks again

chris

Hi Guys just curious if I am reading the regs right!!!! On my way back from fishing north of CR tonight !!!! I saw 5 boats in front of e anchor Inn and north towards the pier!!! I read the regs and thought that you could only use 6 oz of weight or less there ?

yah that’s a no no. basically the breakwater at hidden harbour north is no down riggers on the Cr side. i have the exact coordinates in my gps unit. you’ll be surprised how far out it extends towards the cape mudge reserve.
Thank you . I just wanted to make sure I was reading the regs properly

Back