Thanks for info. Toba can blow really hard. Are they fishing of Snout Pt/Brem Bay?

Not exactly sure where they have been going but I think just inside of the boundary so that’s Snout pt ?

Looks like most of the fish are in the 10-12 range with the odd larger.

Hey guys. Jigging adult herring for research. Know we can find them at kitty but will be looking around south end of quadra tomorrow. Any reports of location of large deep schools and layers last few days.

Hey guys. Jigging adult herring for research. Know we can find them at kitty but will be looking around south end of quadra tomorrow. Any reports of location of large deep schools and layers last few days.
I have been working huge bait balls on the shoals and red can green can area. I have snagged lots on the jigs they are at least 8 inches huge stuff and tons of it. On the ebb it’s been deep in the flood it’s bouncing all over the surface.

Co workers are on a guided 4 day trip out of Campbell River, Last two days nothing but undersize chinook and a some lings. The Guides are pulling there boats and taking them out of gold river today and tomorrow.

Co workers are on a guided 4 day trip out of Campbell River, Last two days nothing but undersize chinook and a some lings. The Guides are pulling there boats and taking them out of gold river today and tomorrow.
the area we are allowed to fish right now in CR is traditionally a very early run. may is basically peak season. just got back from gold river. the inside is also full of smalls. tell them to head north to Beano area

Got out this morning. 8 chinook to the boat and one just under 64cm ling. Little lumpy.

Was at the hump off quadra. Fish were stacked up in a few spots.

Back