Been out of town for a couple weeks but just before I left cop car spoon in 3.5" and 5" was on fire. Dint seem to matter what flasher it was behind. Will be out over next 4 days, so fingers crossed its still on out there!!
It has definitely slowed down from last week. Still lots of bait around, average size seems to be getting smaller. Guide boats and sports fisherman seem to be spreading out more looking for fish again. Guys are still catching just not at the same rate as last week and some doing better then others.

My neighbor brought 15 to boat-side two days ago and 18 yesterday.

Green Can area and many fish too big to keep, according to him. Still 80 CM size restriction there.

Note the Special Area along the Campbell River waterfront from Orange Point to Hidden Harbour out to mid-channel has no size limit but does have a six ounce weight limit, i.e. no downriggers.

Reminder again that the Tyee Pool is a No Motoring Zone now until September 15th.

Good luck all.

Take care.

My neighbor brought 15 to boat-side two days ago and 18 yesterday.

Green Can area and many fish too big to keep, according to him. Still 80 CM size restriction there.

Note the Special Area along the Campbell River waterfront from Orange Point to Hidden Harbour out to mid-channel has no size limit but does have a six ounce weight limit, i.e. no downriggers.

Reminder again that the Tyee Pool is a No Motoring Zone now until September 15th.

Good luck all.

Take care.
is your neighbour Terry M? cause if so that explains a lot. if you look behind his ears he has gills there.

I'm heading up to Quadra for a few days but without the boat. Anything within casting range? I'll be staying near Quathiaski cove.

Thanks! Is there access from Noble Road? Looks like one spot that isn't private property.
there used to be a spot that goes down to a little beach but there’s been quite a bit of a development in the hills above , so i honestly couldn’t tell you anymore. you would head towards the hardware store, hang a right near that intersection and drive around. super narrow one way road.

What's the latest and greatest reports?
Was out Thursday and Friday, green can to Frisco, slowed from last week, Thursday we managed two, 79cm and 80cm, 14 and 16lbs respectively in two hours of fishing, then off and hit a couple Lings. Friday all the nicer fish sermed to have moved along as had many that were 30-40cm, 4 in the 62-69cm range released, an 87cm scrapper, and bonked one at 76cm. Over all had 27 fish to the boat, numerous misses, but it was an all day event 5am to 8pm with 3 hrs out for a nap and some bottom fishing.
Tight Lines....

Was out Thursday and Friday, green can to Frisco, slowed from last week, Thursday we managed two, 79cm and 80cm, 14 and 16lbs respectively in two hours of fishing, then off and hit a couple Lings. Friday all the nicer fish sermed to have moved along as had many that were 30-40cm, 4 in the 62-69cm range released, an 87cm scrapper, and bonked one at 76cm. Over all had 27 fish to the boat, numerous misses, but it was an all day event 5am to 8pm with 3 hrs out for a nap and some

Hootchies and plugs ?

Hootchies and plugs ?
Spoons out fished the hoochie (army truck and white squirt) 4 to 1. Nothing on the plug but to be honest, when the spoons started hitting, the plug came out and was sacrificed . The bigger fish were all on 3"-4" glow spoons. Water clarity was poor due to an algae bloom, but was picking up by Friday dusk.

there used to be a spot that goes down to a little beach but there’s been quite a bit of a development in the hills above , so i honestly couldn’t tell you anymore. you would head towards the hardware store, hang a right near that intersection and drive around. super narrow one way road.
I checked it out today after we arrived. Looks like it's worth a try. Currently down by the lighthouse visiting family. Quite a few boats out tonight off Cape Mudge. Managed to drag in an undersized Ling on my 2nd cast.

Threw everything including the sink out of the kitchen, bait is out fishing the plastic. Going back to our usual tach with spoons and bait. See what happens.

Spoons out fished the hoochie (army truck and white squirt) 4 to 1. Nothing on the plug but to be honest, when the spoons started hitting, the plug came out and was sacrificed . The bigger fish were all on 3"-4" glow spoons. Water clarity was poor due to an algae bloom, but was picking up by Friday dusk.
were u using a flasher with the spoon? and if so what was the leader length?

were u using a flasher with the spoon? and if so what was the leader length?
Dummy flasher on one side (spoon ~8ft back), standard hook up on the other, both performed about the same, shortened leader to 50" before they started hitting it, I usually run 60-72" leaders.

Back