2021 Bronco...

If they'd only put the coyote 5.0 in it I'd be first in line. Theres a ton of interesting tech in there and I'm definitely going to check one out.

Wifey gave me the wtf you're not trading in my 4runner for that, no way hahah. So plan b...

If they'd only put the coyote 5.0 in it I'd be first in line. Theres a ton of interesting tech in there and I'm definitely going to check one out.

Wifey gave me the wtf you're not trading in my 4runner for that, no way hahah. So plan b...
2.7 ecoboost is no slouch

I'd agree the eco boost turbo technology is valid but something about a v8 in that 2 door bronco is pretty awesome.

Jeep was hanging onto this until bronco release day. 450hp 37"tires etc. I'm not a fan of the bronco design but I'm sure it will be very popular.

450-HP V-8–Powered Jeep Wrangler Is Coming

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33296307/jeep-wrangler-v-8-rubicon-392-concept-revealed/

View attachment 54797
That's pretty sweet...now if they could just get a company other than themselves to make it, I'd definitely be interested.

OTOH if I can get, essentially, a 4 door wrangler, built by a company known for making cars that are probably 3.5/5 stars, instead of one known for 2 star cars...sure, I'm interested in the Bronco.

Well, if my 4runner ever dies, which at present I think may never happen.

Well that brought back fond memories, I had a 74 Bronco with a 302 in it with 3 on the tree, and I had a soft top for it. The most fun vehicle I ever owned other than my 17 DE. I'm going to have a real serious look at that two door. I haven't own a Ford since that 74 Bronco. We'll see.

Well from a sport fishing perspective, it’s not a very good tow vehicle despite all that horsepower, but then that’s not what it’s designed for. It will get you into the back country to fish lakes and rivers though pretty well! I don’t like the doors off look at all. Looks like it went to the wreckers. Jeep looks better doorless. Funny moment in the add when they introduce the four door model and there are no doors LOL!

Some models seem to have some impressive specs. for off road and trail use in the deep woods. I saw a picture of one model with what looks like an extra window in the sheet metal of the doors. What is the purpose of that?

I know the Jeep Rubicons still have the separate mechanical shift transfer case which in my view is far better and less likely to screw up when you are on a rough trail eighty miles from a paved road. There is also no short delay getting into 4x4 with them. But then I still prefer the old school manual locking front hubs on a bush truck for reliability, even if I have to get out of the truck to lock and unlock them. Does the new Bronco have an actual independent manual shift transfer case?

I actually am in the market for a short wheel base (2 door and wheels on the outside corners) 4x4 bush truck. Have been considering a lower mileage Rubicon.

Some models seem to have some impressive specs. for off road and trail use in the deep woods. I saw a picture of one model with what looks like an extra window in the sheet metal of the doors. What is the purpose of that?

I know the Jeep Rubicons still have the separate mechanical shift transfer case which in my view is far better and less likely to screw up when you are on a rough trail eighty miles from a paved road. There is also no short delay getting into 4x4 with them. But then I still prefer the old school manual locking front hubs on a bush truck for reliability, even if I have to get out of the truck to lock and unlock them. Does the new Bronco have an actual independent manual shift transfer case?

I actually am in the market for a short wheel base (2 door and wheels on the outside corners) 4x4 bush truck. Have been considering a lower mileage Rubicon.

Dana 44 axles? It's a glorified quad!

Back