2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Anyone in this group know a cabin with dock available for rent for a fishing several fishing trips this summer (bringing my own boat from Sunshine Coast over and dropping in Port Alberni).
I just Stayed at the Imperial Eagle Lodge. It's a nice, clean, well run operation. I will stay there again.
We brought home our limit of Springs 5-10lbs from Effingham, and a 27lb Hali from out front of Cape Beale a ways

No hali love at whittlestone yesterday.got into a few smaller springs and then Mr whiskers stole my best fish of the morning and a spoon to go with it.
Went to ohuat this morning and hit a few fish including a nice 15 lb hatch. Trolled up to Kirby and was met with wind waves and weeds. One dinker there. With an hour left in my morning ran over to the wall. Dropped in at the second point with a plan to troll up to the harbour. Was surprised to see lots of bait on sounder and then got into 6 fish over the hour including a double header. Nothing big but chaotic action when solo. All fish on white hootchies. My spoon game is hurting but did hav one down for a while. No love. Back in a couple weeks. Hope the fish stick around. Was a great weekend. Capt. Mo

You're welcome. As payment can you possibly lobby your BC Parliament to open the border for at least us vaccinated 'old people', so we can do the WCVI trip we've done for the last 30+ years? We really miss Barkley's solitude and not having to fish those same Springs with literally 1000 of our 'best friends' when they get back to the Columbia. We'd be glad to wait until after your 'long weekend'. Please, Please! Not that we are begging.
Oh well.
Tight lines, be safe.
jc, Tuna Maru
As I understand it, it's homeland security that keeps the border closed as we have too much covid up here and Canada is on the ' do not travel list'. I got my jab of phizer. Maybe June 21?

As I understand it, it's homeland security that keeps the border closed as we have too much covid up here and Canada is on the ' do not travel list'. I got my jab of phizer. Maybe June 21?
Promise? That would be fantastic. We like the week after your 'Canada Day Long Weekend' before everything opens up outside. Would be nice.
jc Tuna Maru

Looks like no trip for me until mid June now. F*****ck.

Me neither. I'm pissed. Maybe I'll have deliver my boat to a new owner on the island, and the deal might fall through and I'll have to come back 4 days later....
The hole town of Bamfield has been vaccinated if that helps plead your case
Like I said it's perfectly reasonable and arguable to just go. But my better half MUST follow the rules.

Got out this morning for the first time this year. Dropped in at my new go to spot after trophywife mentioned it last year on the thread. Plan was to troll from oahut up to Kirby but the fish changed that. Lots of bait on sounder and bubbling on surface and had a small spring on in the first 10 min. After that never left the area. Hooked 7 springs and 2 under sized lings in the 3 hours out. Biggest a low teen wild i released. Kept a10lb hatch with rest averaging 8lbs. All fish on white hootchies. Will be at whittlestone first thing tomorrow dragging a ball through the mud trying to troll up one of those elusive inshore halis. Capt mo
I'd be heading to keeha , using one of those Jigs I left ya in 40 ft of water..... For 15+ lb Chins haha
Good Luck Cap , enjoy !!! We did very good in Jun last year with em.

Back