2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

You could always give me a quote for a small build project i have in mind up there. Makes it a work trip i believe.
Need any glass, bathroom mirror? I’m heading to the beam in a couple weeks hopefully

Last edited:
What size boat and engine or engines
I do it in my Commander 30 from North Van to Bamfield in about 7 1/2 hours depending on conditions.
2 years ago made it back in just over 6 hours in near perfect conditions. Typically you are coming with waves heading toward Vancouver and into waves going to Bamfield. Fog can slow you down too. I cruise at 32 to 35mph.
It’s about 185 miles depending on route.
Heading back there mid July.

That’s what my son and I where saying ing last time we were out. We’re going to grab some large spikes as some surveys tape. And start marking some of the bad ones. If we’re ever aloud back over:( Or where would a guy buy some log markers
If you are meaning to use steel spikes, please don't do that. I make my markers out of 2x2 lumber and paint them red or use survey tape to make them more visible. I screw a long deck screw partway into one end and cut off the screw head leaving a 2-3" section of the screw's stem to drive into the deadhead. A long nail can be used the same way.
And yes, there were lots of deadheads in the inlet this past weekend!

That’s what my son and I where saying ing last time we were out. We’re going to grab some large spikes as some surveys tape. And start marking some of the bad ones. If we’re ever aloud back over:( Or where would a guy buy some log markers

i will be asking the coast guard to put out a couple boxes, they will be in the recycle shed on the west side once its done.

Back