Kept a couple of small springs and a hatch coho way up west this morning ...but pretty quiet overall.

Fished Becher Bay today with the fleet. Nicer than trying to fight the wind and fog at the head, but very slow. 1 pink and 1 wild coho and couple that didn't stick. Saw only one other net out between about 20 boats.

We got an 18, a small spring, and small hatchery coho off Beechy Head - all around 6:00am. As soon as the ebb started the fishing went absolutely dead.

Did ok fighting the wind this morning, went 3 for 7, not great but 1 of the 3 was a 23 pound clipped. Try again tomorrow. Happy Canada day

Went out to the Trap this morning, wind not too bad until it picked up around 11:30. Pretty quiet out there, only 8 boats. Caught three small coho and 1 small spring. Saw a few fish being caught, but no net action. Fished from 50-75' with anchovy.

Well it sure was a great day weatherwise to get back out there, after two months off the water. Fished from 7:00am until 1:30pm. Quite a few boats out there.

We fished Muir from 7:00am until 10:30am without a single touch - anchovy one side and herring the other. Only saw one small fish caught.

Put on a pink hootch and headed out into 400' of water looking for a fish, any fish!! Trolled in a big arc from way out in front of Muir around to the harbour mouth and managed one small wild coho (released) in the next 3 hours, which took anchovy. The hootchies never got a touch, so somehow we managed to avoid the pinks as well....assuming they are there somewhere.....!!!:confused:

There were pinks in close at whirl bay and at the mouth of pedder for me today. Kept one as well as one 8 lb spring - the first on my new boat!!

There were pinks in close at whirl bay and at the mouth of pedder for me today. Kept one as well as one 8 lb spring - the first on my new boat!!
Always nice to get the first blood on the deck. Well done!
T2

A nice day on the water and we managed to find 3 springs all wild, 16, 14 and 11 pounds. Kept a larger pink and tossed a nice sockeye. (both 1st of the year for me) all at 55 and 60 feet on anchovy

Yesterday we were off possession from 9-12. When we headed out into 400' we picked up 3 unclipped coho. Great day on the water.

Fished from about 5-9:30 this morning caught 2 over the slot and a small coho and 2 small hatchery. All between 65 and 120 feet. Over all looked slow didn't see any nets out and the fog was just starting to move in thick as we were leaving

Well a couple of young guns out there yesterday had a great day, on the radio telling all who would listen that the late bite was hot, 30,33,25 and released a 34 as they had their limit, all WILD :eek: things went quiet on the radio after someone told them the restrictions that are in place

Well a couple of young guns out there yesterday had a great day, on the radio telling all who would listen that the late bite was hot, 30,33,25 and released a 34 as they had their limit, all WILD :eek: things went quiet on the radio after someone told them the restrictions that are in place
Some peoples kids!! Rules are meant to be followed....

So in effect we should apply a BS factor of -10 to all weight and that would be size of them.

I was puling crab traps at Gordon's beach when I heard the chatter. I call bs too.

Fished the earlier flood twice the last couple of days. No chinook except shakers from ~100ft. A couple of coho from above 100' but no size to them. Possibly a pink but it wouldn't stop squirming and released itself before I could get a visual. Less bait then a week ago but still some bait showing shallow and below 100'. When do the bonito show up?

Arrived at pedder bay yesterday, 1 hatchery chinook about 8 lbs and 1 pink yesterday.
4 dogfish at slack tide today
One wild coho this morning...
marking lots of bait in less then 100' of water as well.
cuaght the spring @35ft in 45ft of water on white glow hootchie

Back