2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I saw him heading up the North arm yesterday, he must be moored up there somewhere
He's at pier 73 this Morning....

We are currently at roger curtis... just got a couple hits as I was typing this, been trying to post for 30 mins. Lol... 2 lost and a 1 just under... 2 on anchovy and one on a spoon... 90' and 60'

Anyone out there? Just finished work and want to get out there.

This guys luck is running out
He almost ran over us at the Spanish B around noon today. He had a bunch of people on the boat and was riding at over 30 mph close to the mile marker. He was less than 30 yards from me when he passed from my port side. Someone should give this guy a lesson before he kills or otherwise injurs someone.

Fishing was slow fof us at the Bell and QA. We marked a few bait balls but no takers.

He almost ran over us at the Spanish B around noon today. He had a bunch of people on the boat and was riding at over 30 mph close to the mile marker. He was less than 30 yards from me when he passed from my port side. Someone should give this guy a lesson before he kills or otherwise injurs someone.

Fishing was slow fof us at the Bell and QA. We marked a few bait balls but no takers.

He was out raiding traps at Spanish banks again with the tourists. This boat is a real problem.

Just seen the GypSea Prick heading back towards the North Arm around 545pm so they must be up there somewhere, fenders bouncing around, makes them easy to spot.
Anyway on a happier note caught a 14lber off the east side of Thrasher in 600' at 125'. Nice and calm
IMG_0532.JPG

Last edited:
Got a nice legal red at Roger Curtis and missed a few today. A few shakers also. Anchovie 65' to 90'. That wingnut in the Gypsea Drifter went in between myself and another guy out there while we were fishing, the distance between us might have been 50 yards:eek:. This guy needs a 10 pounder through the glass in the worst way:mad:!!!!!!

Mike

That was us that he went between.

That was us that he went between.
We were trolling between Point G and the 2nd mile marker and when he approached us from behind and passed by my port side it was less than 30 yrds distance. He doesn't seem to give a sH%&T about anyone or anything.
Forget about the raiding of our traps on every weekend, the way I see this, he's already posing a risk to the local marine traffic. Thinking of a legit way to stop this je*k before the start of the summer bonanza season in the harbor.... :confused:

I just happened to watch him pull away from Pier 73 a few minutes ago. So if anyone is out on the water today, then keep your eyes on your gear and watch for this moron so you don't get swamped.

Btw... about fishing reports...managed one decent red on saturday. Roughly 12lbs. 70 feet on chovies.

Got out for a solo trip yesterday morning. Tried qa for hour and headed to Roger c with the pack. No fish for me but beauty day on water.

Also had gypsie drifter rip past me throwing a6 ft wake and swamping the front of my boat

Made me think of the tactics that green peace was using to stop the Chinese whaling fleets..
Rip past them dragging a long length of rope and dump it so they run it over fouling the props
Apparently navy seals would do the same with heavy mono....drag a 1/2 mile of it in front of a ship, as the engine winds it up, it cuts into the prop shaft damages bearings, seals or just fouls the prop

I wouldn't actually do something like that, but it's frustrating when guys have no care for others wellbeing

Out around Roger Curtis Saturday between 10am-4pm. Boxed a 14lb red and 16lb white. Both were at 130ft on anchovies around noon - 1pm. Rest of the afternoon was dead quiet.

I would suggest doing something about this guy would be less legally troublesome and more effective than talking about it on here. Nudge nudge.
Seems like the easiest thing to do is to book a trip on that boat and bring your camera. if you don't drop pots and only pick them up you'll have a compelling argument, plus you can read the floats to see who owns them.

Seems like the easiest thing to do is to book a trip on that boat and bring your camera. if you don't drop pots and only pick them up you'll have a compelling argument, plus you can read the floats to see who owns them.
How would one book a trip? I'd be into a little reconnaissance mission ;)

Back