2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Went out the north arm this evening. It was dodgy but I've seen worse

Trolled a tack from QA past the bell tonight and got a white at 8pm 57' on a chartreuse hootch east of the bell

Last edited:
IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0449.JPG There has been mention on here about this boat being caught in the act. I did not see them pull up a pot and they could have well been dropping their own.
Took these photos about 1130am today off Spanish banks. The pot is the one they were by.

my crab traps were raided bait gone no crabs in three traps Spanish banks near red can

View attachment 33517 View attachment 33518 View attachment 33519 There has been mention on here about this boat being caught in the act. I did not see them pull up a pot and they could have well been dropping their own.
Took these photos about 1130am today off Spanish banks. The pot is the one they were by.

Thanks for that. These a$$holes dropped their 3 traps in very close proximity to my traps 2 weeks ago. I can't say I have had anyone drop that close to my traps ever. Inconsiderate would be a nice way of stating it, ignorant would be a more fitting description and incomprehensible would be the most comprehensive description.

The good news...however.... is that I got a picture of a suspect and license plate this morning....which I am going to forward to the authorities. :)

Wish my buddy was still here with his tin boat.
In the good old days it would have been a direct ram and a boarding. Just like a pirate.
I can see him now lacing up his work boots and getting ready for a party.
They'd think again after he was through with em.
Im too old now, I'll just throw a cannonball through their window.

Anyways how's everyone make out today?

In the good old days it would have been a direct ram and a boarding. Just like a pirate.

Hmmm I may just lace up my boots you never now lol

Get a cinder block, attach required amount of 1/4 inch poly rope(smaller the better) about every foot tie on a small barbed treble hook, one shank thru the rope. Put a float on un named . That will fix em good.

Fished all over the other side today, put two small keepers in the boat at porlier early, did the ling show till second slack and moved to thrasher. Put a beauty 37 inch fish in the boat out deep ( 800') blitzing around plugs, also two just unders. At pages tonight , fishing while day tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 130
Landed a 14lb white on the way to Gibson's at Bowen bay. 60' spoon. Missed another pin popper. Saw a bunch of fish getting cleaned at Gibson's Marina. On way home fished half hour at Roger Curtis and landed an 8lb red. 110' spoon.

Got a nice legal red at Roger Curtis and missed a few today. A few shakers also. Anchovie 65' to 90'. That wingnut in the Gypsea Drifter went in between myself and another guy out there while we were fishing, the distance between us might have been 50 yards:eek:. This guy needs a 10 pounder through the glass in the worst way:mad:!!!!!!

Mike

Got a nice legal red at Roger Curtis and missed a few today. A few shakers also. Anchovie 65' to 90'. That wingnut in the Gypsea Drifter went in between myself and another guy out there while we were fishing, the distance between us might have been 50 yards:eek:. This guy needs a 10 pounder through the glass in the worst way:mad:!!!!!!

Mike
I saw him heading up the North arm yesterday, he must be moored up there somewhere

I saw him heading up the North arm yesterday, he must be moored up there somewhere

This guys luck is running out

Back