2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

same nothing to report, was out today one 5 pound under at cowen point, nothing along west van, marked some bait and saw a porpoise.

Fished 7am to 1pm

I left at 430 for thrasher this morning, and found very little sign of anything. Once I trolled in closer to the grande I found some consistent action, with around 20 unders and 2 keepers, until it slowed down around 1.
Everything was caught on anchovies, and a couple on no bananas skinny g.
We had a great morning, it was definitely worth pounding the waves.IMG_20170701_091608.jpg

Was just at the Vanier Park launch and I saw a guy come back with a Wild Coho and an 8 lb Chinook.

For the love of fishing....please ID your species before netting or bonking! WTF!

Good call.

Little creepy how much time you spend hanging around docks though.

Yup...keeping an eye on things for kicks...drinking a coffee.... not that there's anything wrong with showing up to boat launches or marinas where I'm a paying member...or tax paying citizen...watching people do things they shouldn't in plain sight... observing peopleperhaps...... ;)...oh wait......I am sensing some deja vu........LOL.

Was out at the bell 1-4 yesterday. One undersized at 67 on the chartreuse hootch. Ran bait, hootch and spoons. Not a lot of bait or marking on the sounder.

Anyone heard of coho being caught off west van yet? Apparently there is fish up cap river already. I think the river water level might be a bit high still. I might try my luck this Friday.

Anyone heard of coho being caught off west van yet? Apparently there is fish up cap river already. I think the river water level might be a bit high still. I might try my luck this Friday.

The river is perfect right now . Google Cap Camera. 2 on the scale is a good lower level and a 5 is getting pretty high, but still fishable if you know the river

The river is perfect right now . Google Cap Camera. 2 on the scale is a good lower level and a 5 is getting pretty high, but still fishable if you know the river
Haha actually I meant ocean fishing. The fishing is better when river levels are low. The fish stack up out front of the cap. Thanks for the tip though

Ran over to Gabriola yesterday morning and fished a double shift around Thrasher and the Grande... 3 under and 1 minnow was fishing in 500 ft of water at 130 ft electric blue hoochie was the flavor of choice .

Back