2015 Campbell River Reports

Fished the Green Can last night. One spring, about 12 pounds, and lost another one. Released a few pinks. The pinks were surfacing and jumping all night. Saw a few guys netting pinks but didn't see anyone netting springs. Having said that, I talked to a guy at the ramp when we came back in and he had 2. Lovely night on the water.

Hi guys hoping to get out sometime this weekend if I can find a spot at the ramp being a long weekend. We struck out on springs last Sunday south of Quadra on both sides but caught a couple pinks on the hootchie. Heard some reports of it picking up northwards up at Browns Bay and Chatham. Anyone out there confirm anything or suggest a direction?
Cheers
ThreePer

Greensea on the flood -- pinks in abundance, some BIG coho (but no hatcheries for us) . an occasional sockeye (check before netting) and a few springs.

Hi guys hoping to get out sometime this weekend if I can find a spot at the ramp being a long weekend. We struck out on springs last Sunday south of Quadra on both sides but caught a couple pinks on the hootchie. Heard some reports of it picking up northwards up at Browns Bay and Chatham. Anyone out there confirm anything or suggest a direction?
Cheers
ThreePer
Hey Threeper How deep are you fishing? I havent caught a pink yet but lots of springs and coho at 200-230ft

Three per and fished 300 all the way up 40 depending on bait and location. Lost 3-4 springs but had a fairly quiet day Sunday.

Fished the green can last night and got 5 springs. Biggest was 23 and smallest was 10. Water was pretty lumpy and everyone seemed to head in around 7:30 -8:00. That's of course when the bite started. Everything was caught in the 200 ft range on plugs. Fish were stuffed full of 8" herring. Not a lot of bait on the sounder but some. All in all, a great couple hours on the water.

Lots of wild coho for me today. And 4 undersized springs. Took a friend and his niece and her bf out who were visiting from Calgary.(newbees) Ended up with a broken rod tip and a spooled down rigger. Goodbye line,snubber,clip and ball. Still had lots of action on just one rod. Oh ya tried jigging too. My level wind is now so rats nested i couldnt untangle it on the water. Think I'll go out by my self tomorrow. Haha

Took a friend out for some C.R. action. A couple of springs to 19lb. and lots of pinks. Lots of bait and fish around. Get out there and have some fun. Tried jigging for lings to with great success. A bit of a learning curve forsure.

i have been fishing out that way a fair bit, i have my boat moored at BB,there are pinks no more than anywhere else tho,I have managed usally 3 springs every outing.

A 17 and a 9 at Greensea today on all the wrong tides... Didn't hit a pink. ( but if I had it would have been eaten by the family very quickly)

Headed out to the Green Can yesterday after talking to Crabby Chris. He gave us some good advice on where to fish as we had never fished the area before. It was a worthwhile trip. Only two chinook but we did get 8 pink. Had a buddy out for only his second salmon fishing experience and we let him reel in everything. Here is a pic of his best fish of the day. Thanks for the help Chris.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/images/Eloquent/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 693
Back