2014 Fall /Winter and 2015 Spring boat projects

Hey e-zee. Where did you get that tackle box?

boatoutfitters.com It was pricey considering the dollar dropped to .80 and shipping/import added $100 but they do custom work. I ordered the standard 7 box cabinet but needed the faceplate to be wider to cover the icebox hole.

I got a couple of scotty ball retrievers and I need to install them. I hate putting new holes in the boat and also depending on what angle I will be using the riggers made the placement of the jam cleats a bit tough. So after some thought I mounted the jam cleats to the downriggers, this way I didn't need to put new holes in the boat and it will turns with the rigger
5a317596f6e094952d3f9861a0ba0cef.jpg

e5e5959f102376f28f624e7430582f2f.jpg

Thanks for that. I'm in the process of replacing my Cannon riggers with Scotty and was wondering about how I'd attach the line retrievers. You've solved that problem for me.

Good spot JAC.
I looked at that spot but ended up just tying the cord off on the arm inside of the cannon ball hook.
No fuss, no holes, works.

Ya I will do what ever I can to avoid holes in the boat.

They are #8 by 3/4" long stainless bolts with lock washers behind

finally got the boat in the water after a winter motor swap.
she now does 42 knots!

only hiccup was a lack of an overflow bottle for the coolant, made a bit of a mess

JAC, that's where I mounted my retrievers a couple years back. No holes for me and they work great, good choice.

I got a couple of scotty ball retrievers and I need to install them. I hate putting new holes in the boat and also depending on what angle I will be using the riggers made the placement of the jam cleats a bit tough. So after some thought I mounted the jam cleats to the downriggers, this way I didn't need to put new holes in the boat and it will turns with the rigger
I did the exact same about 8 or 9 years ago and they have worked great all that time. Actually had to replace both jam cleats as I wore them down from use.

Not my project but I built them. A couple fold down radar masts for Ranger boats out of the States. My old outfit has a bunch of rookies working for them and they're far behind. Like all the way. Gave me a call asking for help. So I'm here for a while. I'll post pics of random stuff I get to build as it comes down the pipe.
image.jpg
image.jpg

boatoutfitters.com It was pricey considering the dollar dropped to .80 and shipping/import added $100 but they do custom work. I ordered the standard 7 box cabinet but needed the faceplate to be wider to cover the icebox hole.

Well it sure looks good. Nice use of space.

5a317596f6e094952d3f9861a0ba0cef.jpg

e5e5959f102376f28f624e7430582f2f.jpg
I did the same thing for the same reason. Don't like drilling holes in the boat.
Must be an Okanagan thing.
Plus the retrieve comes off with the Downrigger when you take the off for storage

Mounted my retriever just above where you guys did, on the rigger itself. I can remove the rigger and retriever without removing the base.

Back