2014 Fall /Winter and 2015 Spring boat projects

Another thing I have to read some more is broadband Lowrance 3g radar.... the inner lines are the 50% beam and out other 50%...Its higher but you see its wailing me in the head, and I am sitting down.....
boat4.JPG

Forget it 1mW/cm2 is very low doesn't matter:

Broadband 3G™ and 4G™ Radar are the second generation marine recreational radar
from Navico that has Human Exposure Level RF Radiation of the Radar Transmitter outside
the Radome well below the general public safety emission level of 1 mW/cm2
. This means the
radar can be mounted safely in locations impossible with other pulse radars

Stay tuned.....

SpringVelocity is right. That is why I went the way I did with my Lowrance Radar I didn't want to go any higher. As you can see it is right in front of the flybridge seat.

Attachments

• Iphone pictures 390.jpg
    Iphone pictures 390.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCF4332.jpg
    DSCF4332.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 411
Another thing I have to read some more is broadband Lowrance 3g radar.... the inner lines are the 50% beam and out other 50%...Its higher but you see its wailing me in the head, and I am sitting down.....
View attachment 16003
I had a 17.5 Malibu before the boat I have now and mounted the Radar on a arch to get it higher and farther back.

Attachments

• Luna Nov 26 2010 born Oct 21 2010 549.jpg
    Luna Nov 26 2010 born Oct 21 2010 549.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 412
Wow you went high hey....? I would love to do that but I am not raising my shelter roof again.... You must miss that boat... Thanks for comments guy this is work in progress ..... I have already tilted the rod back to like 7 degrees looking better...

Wow you went high hey....? I would love to do that but I am not raising my shelter roof again.... You must miss that boat... Thanks for comments guy this is work in progress ..... I have already tilted the rod back to like 7 degrees looking better...
I bought the arch like that off a guy that also had it on a Malibu. That Radar was a Furuno and was not broadband so had to have it higher as not to microwave yourself. You could make it fold down easy enough thou. And yes I do miss that boat, it was fully tricked out and went all over the Westcoast. Never ever gave me a lick of trouble. just loved it but to small for the family and fishing buddies. Wish I never sold it to the dumb f$%k that beat it in to the ground in just a couple years. Last time I saw it I just about cried.

I like the tall arch. You can hinge it and have it fold down. I love my rods up on the roof. No reaching around things etc. Just look up and grab what you want. Mine were swept back too far before but I never once had a clash of rods while fishing. The new ones are less swept back and I'm sure there won't be any clashes.

The beauty of the new 3G/4G radars is there low output of radiation. It is less than a cell phone. How many hours a day to you have one of those up to your head lol. The target separation up close and personal is amazing as well.

IMG_3619.jpg
blue sea add a battery kit and buss bar
IMG_3620.jpg
roughing out 1/0 cables
IMG_3626.jpg
homemade cables, 28? crimps i think
IMG_3630.jpg
new dash with smartcraft gauges, dual stereo, vhf
IMG_3631.jpg
location for remote 703 controlls

still have to install the speakers and put the heater back in, along with about 38 more things on the list

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the tall arch. You can hinge it and have it fold down. I love my rods up on the roof. No reaching around things etc. Just look up and grab what you want. Mine were swept back too far before but I never once had a clash of rods while fishing. The new ones are less swept back and I'm sure there won't be any clashes.

The beauty of the new 3G/4G radars is there low output of radiation. It is less than a cell phone. How many hours a day to you have one of those up to your head lol.

Yeah I am not worried on the radiation..... I am drafting up some more ideas but pulling rods in at 7 degrees shouldn't be any issue now... I am just thinking of putting dome far forward/pretty basic...... I want to mount to roof preferably.... The reason I wanted to CAD it all out to see if I could get my mesh box traps up there ..But its not looking like it roof isn't big enough..

boat6.JPGboat5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good. I like the swivel light idea. Saves some money instead of four like I have. Cool:cool:.

Might want to rake the radar mount back to match the slope of your windshield (talking out of text lol, as I do have some fashion in me ha ha). Just measure your windshield slope to hard top and transfer the slope up to your radar mount. That's what I did. I had a basic one before and had a couple of people point out to me that I could do better than that lol :D.

Custom hard top for my campion 215.

basic Frame is complete...a few more supports and roof skin to go... as well as all of the mounts for lights,radar, radio boxes, rod and net holders..

i can hardly wait..

IMG_1557.jpgIMG_1558.jpg

You guys ever thought about running the led strip lights? I ordered 6-5m rolls from Asia. They have an ip68 waterproof rating. Good to 5m below the surface. I installed one strip on my RV to make up for the lack of outside lighting. Works great!! 40 some odd different colors to choose from. Along with a bunch of different modes to pick from.

You guys ever thought about running the led strip lights? I ordered 6-5m rolls from Asia. They have an ip68 waterproof rating. Good to 5m below the surface. I installed one strip on my RV to make up for the lack of outside lighting. Works great!! 40 some odd different colors to choose from. Along with a bunch of different modes to pick from.
I put them in under my gunnels and over the cabin door in blue and in the cuddy in clear. The blue ones I have on a remote and wired in to 24hr power. In the dark walking down to the boat I can turn on the lights a couple hundred yards away.

Do you have a link to source? Thanks

Lorne, I may have a source for you... but you never call

Rick

ps: for others asking the same question, I'll post on here if I do find them locally.

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app...

I just got mine off ebay. I think it was 3-5meter rolls and the remote for $80 if I remember right.

image.jpg

I had a useless icebox under the dinette that I decided to replace with a sweet tackle centre.

Back