2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Fished QA for a few hours then west van this afternoon. One nice coho on, 30' in 150' of water. White glow hootchie and purple haze flasher.

It made some nice airtime jumping behind the boat then a seal grabbed it. Epic 20 minute battle and mr. whiskers won. No other hits for me today but a nice sunny day on the water. Damn those seals are strong, fought like a freight train.

Cheers

Their not strong at all with after u bonk em a few times with a oar, at least that's what I have been told

holy crap!! smoked seal
gotta be slow if this is what we have resorted too
you guys are too funny :D

Thrasher rock

We headed out of Ladner this morning and made it to Thrasher Rock in time for the low tide. We fished there for three hours with hoochies and anchovies and aside from a shark got nothing. Then it was over to Porlier Pass for an hour or two and again got nothing. it was a nice day to be out there. We had lunch on a beautiful white beach on the south end of Valdez.

So where are the salmon?

Fished West Van shoreline from 2 - 7 today. Things started slow up until about 5 when we had solid action on decent 6 - 9lb coho for about a hour. Ended up boating 3 hatch jobs, including one double header, also lost 2 at the net via the rookie on the boat. All fish came within one hour of the first then it went quiet. Purple Haze flashers and blue splatter back hoochies in 60'of water and 40' on the rigger did it for us.

Over on the Sunshine Coast this week. Got a 15 pound Spring off Epsom today at 105 feet on white hoochie. Got 2 keeper Ling as well.

Fished West Van shoreline from 2 - 7 today. Things started slow up until about 5 when we had solid action on decent 6 - 9lb coho for about a hour. Ended up boating 3 hatch jobs, including one double header, also lost 2 at the net via the rookie on the boat. All fish came within one hour of the first then it went quiet. Purple Haze flashers and blue splatter back hoochies in 60'of water and 40' on the rigger did it for us.

Nice work! Were you near pt. Atkinson or closer to the cap mouth?

Also fished West Van Shoreline yesterday more towards Pt. Atkinson from 2 till 6:30. Much like adanac nothing really happening except for 1 hit that didn't stick till about 5 o'clock. When we walked into a triple header, landed 2 of 3 coho's. Both hatchery. One was a beauty just breaking the 10lb mark. Picked up 1 more around 5lbs then that was it. All fish except 1 hit white and blue glow ace fly's between 20' and 50' in 100' of water. Beauty day on the water. Adanac what's your boat?

Trendsetter - We focused on the area between the pink apartment up to the cap mouth. Most action came directly in front of Ambelside pier.

GypsyKing - We were the 3 guys in a 2101 Striper Walk Around , what were you fishing out of?

My brother and my self did well at sangster on the weekend 2 springs on sat and 3 on sunday from 75' to 110' on the rigger.

Hit Epsom Point again this morning. Hit one good spring that got off at 87 feet on a choive. Pretty windy out there.

I was trolling around gower point and salmon rock just on saturday and sunday and didn't have much luck with flashers and hoochies, herring, just a few bottom fish throw aways, it was so windy I started to feel sick! So we headed over to preston isl. had even less luck. Mooched over by Phopam and nada. Has anybody noticed the colour of the water around there? it was brown and reddish almost overnight, even my depth sounders were messing up, apparently I was fishing in 3.5 feet.

Just glad we dropped the crab traps so we had something to show!

Wish my first report here could have been a little more exciting but, maybe next weekend.

Theres patches of red tide all over the coast right now.
Nice size jig, sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. Did you fish in gilligans derby?

Back