2009-Port alberni canal Fish Reports

hey lance are you going to stay in close or are you going out?

Pre-Derby scout this am:
Drug the gear, chovies, the best hootchie for the Inlet, plugs etc from Polly's Point all the way to the Narrows. Then returned varying the route. Saw &gt; 200 boats, and NO-ONE</u> including us was ever seen fighting even a single fish. Sounder was amazingly empty the whole route. Stopped at China for fuel, 2 fish through the cleaning tables by 11ish. OUCH!

Gonna have to be outside I guess! Good Luck all, we're gonna NEED it! [V]

Nog

hey noggin we will be on the out side in a 2009 21 foot blue striper say hi if you see us

i'm looking for a website to check on the salmon fest in port alberni

from Alberni Harbour to China creek wall this morning..didn't see any nets out....marked very few salmon on the sounder....further down near China Creek wall and Lone Tree Point.....blank on the sounder.

Bright side...many sockeyes/cohoes mixed in...jumping mostly in the harbour and Somass River. a school of herring around near China Creek marina.

Dead fishin for us in the upper but heard new leader is Cory Jones of 3c's charters @ Nanat island 43 lbs.
oh we heard somebody saw a coho caught by China creek and a 31 @ bells bay oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! it is criminal out there!! from the UNSALMON CAPITAL OF THE WORLD

Just got off the phone with a buddy fishing kirby. Got to love those cell phones. They are doing well. Nothing over 15 ibs but lots of action.

a number of cohoes were bought in from Barkley Sound...a few more nice springs bought in as well. saw two spring salmon in 40's in the derby's glass box.

was out tonight to set some traps and fish on the way back in while the sun set, seen alot of coho jumping at the mouth of the river and a few more jumping at cous but nada springs. oh ya and caught nothing:( taking my little guy out in the morning will report back

went out and pulled crab traps, just so everyone knows prawning is CLOSED right now so i dont know why there are guys still setting traps a cous?????? back to report, never put lines in water, my neighbor caught a 15lb at china creek. Tons of coho moving in

Put in about four hours this morning. i did see 4 landed and heard about more on the radio. Seems to be picking up. I never caught a thing this morn.Ill blame it on having no chovies

Back