2009-Port alberni canal Fish Reports

B

bacon

Lets see if we can toss some info around before the derby gets here.

I was out this morning fished from cous cr. in, and only see three fish caught in about two hundred boats.

Bad news:
Fished China Ck to Coulson's and back this a.m.
Nothing, not even on the sounder.
Listened to the radio closely and heard/saw perhaps 6 fish caught.
Guessing 150 sporties out there.
Bait is gone too.

Good news:
Had lunch at J&L - awesome as usual.
Rest of afternoon spent waterskiing on Sproat.

All in all, a great day!
Just no fish.

Smiley.

Bad news:
Fished China Ck to Coulson's and back this a.m.
Nothing, not even on the sounder.
Listened to the radio closely and heard/saw perhaps 6 fish caught.
Guessing 150 sporties out there.
Bait is gone too.

Good news:
Had lunch at J&L - awesome as usual.
Rest of afternoon spent waterskiing on Sproat.

All in all, a great day!
Just no fish.

Smiley.

right on smiley thanks for the report, lets keep this post just straight sport fishing reports, no complaining about seiners, gill nets or FN openings.

-Going out in the am will report back.;)

Was out today, left the dock around 9:30 to pick up the prawn traps. fished from lone tree till home island, lost one in front of harbour key around 1, i never saw it... looking forward to the derby. so far in the last two weeks ive only landed 6 springs, most at 57 feet on pink hootchy and purple hot spots. very very slow

Hey Bacon, what type of boat are you on. Ive got a 22 blue and grey double eagle hard top...POP SEA im usually on channel 10. Im out about 5 days a week

-on the water at 5:30, fished from cous past china creek. had about a 20lber on at 7:00 to the boat and lost it, on a white glow hootchy, had one more around 12:00 on the new haze plug with glow belly. I think with this brown bloom in the water you need to be running something with glow on it.

-hey lance D Im in the a red 15 foot aluminum lund, with a windshield.

bacon, you're an animal!
not many will fish the canal that long for such little action.
thanks for the posts
Smiley

lol, thanks Smiley, just trying to get some steady action before next weekend, at this rate i don't even know if I will go in the derby. on the other hand the winning fish will pro be a ten pounder, so i might still have a chance:D

Just back from launching the boat, good news, the guys that were comming back from the inlet did have fish.seems to be picking up in time i hope

Back