2008 Etec 250

I run a 06, 175 has around 600 hrs on it with not a glitch. Absolutely love the E-Tecs. Smooth, quiet, never makes a complete turn and starts, good on fuel, minimal oil used in the injection. Great engines.

That is the same motor I have. Have had a few small issues and is a great motor But as others have said there must be a good place to service them If you live in for example Victoria there is no place to have them serviced by "professionals" Sherwood is the only dealer They are good for simple stuff. But if you have a problem that the standard mechanic doesn't understand you are F***ed Etec mechanics are supposed to go to school every Year The local dealers don't think that is necessary I found a private Etec Master and he saved me from selling the boat The boat had a dropped gas vent and had been allowing water to enter the injectors causing premature failure Sherwood said I had a few dirty injectors and the Etec master said I had a series of issues 2 bad injectors plus some other stuff When I got it back from Sherwood after paying the bill it ran like Shyt I then found this guy When I got it back from the private guy It ran like a dream and has for 3 years Sherwood may sell them but they don't do a good job of servicing them My boat came with the mafunctioning motor with only 22 hours on it Who would of thought I found the dropped vent when I installed the riggers

The best advice I can give would be to get a recent computer read out of the boat
My Buddy says Parker Marine is where he takes his and they are factory trained and do a good job Others on this site would disagree LOL

Brp added dealers this year

"BRP Adds 50 New North American Evinrude Dealers - 11 in Canada

British Columbia

Haruna Sales & Service in Vancouver

PY Marine in Port Alberni"

Also....

"BRP added 20 premium OEM boat builders to its partner portfolio. In the past year, market-leading manufacturers such as Campion Boats, Cape Horn, Kingfisher, Tidewater and Scout have signed supply agreements with BRP for its Evinrude products. The expansion in partners brings the power of choice to more consumers in the U.S. and Canada".

Maybe this helps with service now or in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
Back