1st Annual Port Sidney Salmon Derby- April 30th, 2011 $10,000 in Cash Prizes

winephart

Crew Member
A call to all Anglers

The Sidney Anglers Association is proud to announce the return of an annual spring fishing derby to Sidney!

When:

April 29th 2011 5:30-?:
Meet and Greet BBQ

April 30th 2011, Derby:
First light to 4:00pm final weigh-in
Awards dinner to follow

Where:

The local waters of Sidney

Why:

100% of net proceeds to support Salmon Enhancement

Cost Single Rod Tickets $100 - Banquet tickets $22

Check out our website for more information at: www.sidneyanglers.com

Is that a clipped fin derby sure would hope so!

Then why aren't we allowed to retain wild in our area! I know the drill Trev but the slot limit in our area just doesn't make any sense! like you said before the early fraser springs have wings & just seem to bypass Squidney on the way to the Fraser.LMAO!

Well boys havn't and won't get time to pre fish where are they ,whats going on?

I bet you don't get an answer Trev..the boys think they might stand a chance if you haven't got any info going in. LOL

Here are the top ten fish weighed in at the 1st Sidney Anglers Salmon Derby.
Place Name Weight (in lbs)
1 Brian Gibson 20.1
2 Mike McAuley 19.9
3 Hendricks 18.3
4 Doug Baumgart 17.7
5 Steve Cote 17.4
6 Charlie Bell 17.4
7 Dean Pirch 17.3
8 Kirk McAuley 16.5
9 Brian Cooper 16.4
10 Alan Fyfe 16.0

Thanks to the 228 fishermen who purchased rods and fished the derby. All proceeds after costs will be donated to Salmon enhancement.

Thanks to all involved it was a good time and appreciate all the hard work by Sidney anglers! Maybe next year I will catch a dam fish! Beautiful day on the water tho, couldn't have asked for a nicer day to be on the water

We don't have a final accounting yet but it looks in the area of $4500 going to Salmon Enhancement. Thanks to everyone who supported us. We made some mistakes but for a first derby it wasn't bad. We would like suggestions on how to improve, so please send your responses to our website sidney anglers.com

Back