150 etec on a 17 ft hourston

And way too easy to submarine when running too fast in a following sea.

A very good buddy of mine had a 17'6" Double Eagle with a 150hp 2 stroke. it was fine but she did haul azz

I had a 150 opti on my 18 hourston and it was scary fast 80 km top speed. was good to have the extra power though.

Got a 100 HP 2-Stroke Yamaha on my 17' Hourston, does about 40mph; 35ish with 4 guys and gear. While many warn of overpowering your boat, I don't think under-powering is good either - if it turns to **** out there you need the extra torque to get your bow up and outta those waves. Personally I wouldn't go with smaller than a 90HP on a boat that size...then again if my boat had come with a 60HP I probably would have run it like that till the motor kicked...anyways, 150 might be pretty taxing on the transom - has it ever been rebuilt?

The transom is original. 1977. I run a 140 evinrude now. HP is rated different now. The motor still has the original compression but I thought a 30 year newer engine when fishing off effingham island would be a good thing. Thanks for the input.

The transom is original. 1977. I run a 140 evinrude now. HP is rated different now. The motor still has the original compression but I thought a 30 year newer engine when fishing off effingham island would be a good thing. Thanks for the input.

see yas there;}

Back