15 foot boat sinks off Sidney

glad to hear they all got out safely.

I work with one of the guys that was on that boat. There was a crack in the hull and it filled a floatation chamber. They hit a wave and slowed down for the second wave and could get the boat back on plane. They than took a wave over the back transom and they were done. He said they barely had time to put their lifejackets on and they were in the water. Very, very lucky that where was another boat near by that saw what happened and rushed over and pulled them out of the water. Coast Guard pulled the boat on board there big boat and brought it over to Pat Bay and helped them get it back on the trailer.

I work with one of the guys that was on that boat. There was a crack in the hull and it filled a floatation chamber. They hit a wave and slowed down for the second wave and could get the boat back on plane. They than took a wave over the back transom and they were done. He said they barely had time to put their lifejackets on and they were in the water (emphasis added). Very, very lucky that where was another boat near by that saw what happened and rushed over and pulled them out of the water. Coast Guard pulled the boat on board there big boat and brought it over to Pat Bay and helped them get it back on the trailer.

I'm glad those guys are safe but here's yet another example of why one should wear the PFD at all times while on the water. I don't know how many times I have to read either "barely had enough time to get the life jackets on" or "didn't have enough time to get the life jackets on". Unexpected happenings on the water: 1) are unexpected and 2) often happen very quickly. Wear those PFD's folks, the life you save might be your own.

funny, i was hanging out in the satellite channel with my prawn traps soaking around the corner and my brother in-law took a telephoto shot of a police boat heading by. This would be at 2:00 PM and we were zooming it in on the computer. Think this may be the boat on the back ?

Attachments

• policeboat.jpg
    policeboat.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 252
Yep that is it. They took it back to Pat Bay and helped them put it back on the trailer.

Back