13 & 15 lb Pancake Downrigger Weights

OceanCable

Hi All,

I've never sold my weights before, so here they are for those who are interested. I've made the molds myself as I found that the ones available from the tackle shops and other sellers seem to have strange proportions to me. Maybe mine look odd to you! This design has worked really well for me and my friends. In fact, we have never lost one(good luck I suppose) and we drag bottom all winter with them. These have a 3/16" diameter stainless hoop that is welded to the fin. The fin has holes to allow the lead to flow through it to completely trap the fin in the lead. When you put a subtle arc on opposing weights they pull away from each other noticeably and give a bit more distance from each other. I fish primarily in Sooke and they have worked well for me here.

15lb - $45/each

13lb - $35/each

Attachments

• 2015-07-22 14.34.17.jpg
    2015-07-22 14.34.17.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 491
  • 2015-07-22 14.33.35.jpg
    2015-07-22 14.33.35.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 490
  • 2015-07-22 14.33.20.jpg
    2015-07-22 14.33.20.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 481
nice and shinny
hope you do well with your sales

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I've never sold my weights before, so here they are for those who are interested. I've made the molds myself as I found that the ones available from the tackle shops and other sellers seem to have strange proportions to me. Maybe mine look odd to you! This design has worked really well for me and my friends. In fact, we have never lost one(good luck I suppose) and we drag bottom all winter with them. These have a 3/16" diameter stainless hoop that is welded to the fin. The fin has holes to allow the lead to flow through it to completely trap the fin in the lead. When you put a subtle arc on opposing weights they pull away from each other noticeably and give a bit more distance from each other. I fish primarily in Sooke and they have worked well for me here.

15lb - $45/each

13lb - $35/each

sent you a pm...I would like two
thx

I would be interested in some of your weights. Any Idea what they would cost to ship to Edmonton area. I would take 3 of the 13lbs if shipping is decent. I have been looking to replace 1 I dropped over the side and cant find them.

Im moving to Vic next week, I will PM when settled, 2 13s will work well with JDF currents and old Scotty's. .

HM

Pouring more today... so I should have plenty to go around.

Live in Sooke, work in Victoria so I can meet anywhere between if it helps.

I would be interested in some of your weights. Any Idea what they would cost to ship to Edmonton area. I would take 3 of the 13lbs if shipping is decent. I have been looking to replace 1 I dropped over the side and cant find them.

I'll look into that for you. I've shipped them to a friend up island before and it only cost $20... your a bit further but as long as they don't end up in a plane it may be reasonable

I'll look into that for you. I've shipped them to a friend up island before and it only cost $20... your a bit further but as long as they don't end up in a plane it may be reasonable

Hey Thunderjet 23,

Canada post Regular Parcel estimate is $35 and change. Not bad really, can you not find these types of weights over there?

Oceancable

That is not bad for shipping, I can not find the finned weights in Edmonton. I have checked most of the tackle shops from Edm.- to Prince Rupert and no body seems to have any left or they don't stock them. I found the ones I bought last year when we were on Van Island. I will take 3 of the 13lb weights if you still have them. Sorry for taking a long time getting back to you I just got off of a night shift rotation and trying to get back on a normal time shift. Let me know how you would like payment. Thanks Thunderjet 23

I will send you a pm with Phone number

Hey Thunderjet 23,

Canada post Regular Parcel estimate is $35 and change. Not bad really, can you not find these types of weights over there?

Oceancable

That is not bad for shipping, I can not find the finned weights in Edmonton. I have checked most of the tackle shops from Edm.- to Prince Rupert and no body seems to have any left or they don't stock them. I found the ones I bought last year when we were on Van Island. I will take 3 of the 13lb weights if you still have them. Sorry for taking a long time getting back to you I just got off of a night shift rotation and trying to get back on a normal time shift. Let me know how you would like payment. Thanks Thunderjet 23

I will send you a pm with Phone number

Hey Thunderjet 23,

Oceancable

Hey All,

Apparently I have unintentionally undercut some of the others who are selling weights... can't imagine this will help my sales but I am bumping the price up... I know.... I've never seen prices go up for anything listed on here... just down! For those of you who have asked for weights already and have yet to pick them up, I will honor the old price. This is likely a one time thing for me, so once I am out, I'm out.

I am always willing to trade for other fishing/boating related stuff, just send me a pm with trade ideas.

13lb - $45

15lb - $50

Apparently I have unintentionally undercut some of the others who are selling weights... can't imagine this will help my sales but I am bumping the price up...
I wouldn't worry about that. Healthy economies are based on competition not price collusion. If they can't compete then don't do the business.

Damn, I'd have taken 2 of the 13 at the old price :(
They look great, hope the sales continue but I'll be stuck with balls!

After some consideration.... I came to the conclusion that I did not pour weights to have a personal collection.... the remaining weights are available at the original price...

13lb - $35

15lb - $45

Back