Sooke Reports - 2007

Hey - 2muchdraft!

Nice pic... that looks like an old Hourston you're sittin' in there. What exactly is your boat?

I just sold mine a coupla months back to a guy form Pt.Hardy.
Mine was a 60's-vintage 20/ft hardtop with a 470/Merc (originally a straight/six GM). Mine had more of a conventional (flatter bottom) hull than a deep-vee. I only owned her for a coupla years and sold her before the 'project' ever made it to the water.

Just bought an old 19/Zeta/cuddy. Breaking in a new Merc/4.3MPI/Alpha setup. Be on the water soon. Hope to see you out there.

Cheers,
Terry

LH,

It's a 17.5' Hurston for sure - don't know the year, can't find any plates on the boat to tell me. Inboard 230 Volvo w/ volvo leg. She fishes great and handles the rough water fine. Sometimes I wish I had more power but she sips gas and i get there in good time anyway.

2MD

Was out Saturday. Released a small one in the morning. Managed a 25lber to the boat and snagged some chicken as a bonus. Found the cloud and there was the fish. Man i thought my sounder was crap too.
n524757603_193879_9646.jpg
3 was the magic number!

Had a late start Sunday...just in time for the squall. Pulled out right quick and surfed back in.

Well today was GREAT was fishing a know west coast spot and we managed a 35,29 1/2, and 2- 25 lbers the weather was great flat sunny and warm.

SalmonSooke2007008-1.jpg

Good luck Wolf

looks suspiciously like sunny shores in the background....
could it have been otter, the trap, posession ??
hmmm, i wonder;)

nice fish !

You sure you left us some fish,,, joel said those are frozen from the weekend lol

Just got home was out Saturday and Sunday off of Otter Pt and the other secret place , got 18 and 23 lbs in the early morning and saw no seals !!!!

AL

Good haul wolf,, keep em comin...

**** poor morning. quite possibly "the worst fishing trip ever"
First get out to sunny shores only to find out battery is shot. Drive around Sooke only to find out no one has battery at 6am. Put truck battery in boat and away we go.
Get out there, fire up the kicker and it doesn't sound right. Five minutes later, bingo, no power to the prop, grinding noise, clutch busted?
Putz around for 6 hours with the big motor with guest complaining "where's the fish, where's the fish"
The best part is my wife is all pissed off at me because I had a "nice relaxing day fishing instead of doing something usefull around the house"
lots of boats, only seen 2 fish taken.
should have stayed in bed

Was out from 9 to 3 didnt see much happening lots of bait but not alot of fish in it we were able to get a 28 and a 25 out there but I had to work for them.

Wolf

Well, fished 5 hours, 4 fish. one to the seal of good size, small one released, and home with a nice 20 and a 24.

Good luck to every one in the derby the weekend.
Please show your appreciation to the help this resource has received by making a donation to the salmon enhancement society.

hey guys... im heading over to becher bay from the 23 - 25. what are my chances of me hitting it perfect?

I've fished the area, but am wondering if the main run has coem yet.... thanks!! tight lines

waddy

Its 5:35am, and there is a steady stream of boats heading out of Sooke Harbour. I love seeing and hearing that from my balcony in the morning! Let us know how that goes! Looks to be shaping up like a nice day weather-wise.

Wow! Now that's a good start to the day! Man I wish I was fishing in the derby. Good luck boys.

Back