OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I'm usually on the Vancouver thread but this year my boats in bamfield for summer. I hoped to have it back for derby this weekend but its still on island. If anyone is thinking of entering but don't have a buddy to buck up for entry I would certainly be willing to join up and enter. I know how to roll a chovie run a rigger and net a fish. Morgan 604-329-7644 or send me a pm and I will get back to you. Thnx

Anyone know where I can find the fishing tread for Vancouver-Howe Sound and Sechelt hahaha
Easy bud. I'm just trying to fish I got a good pal with a striper that's gonna be sitting on land this weekend. I think he should call in sick and fish for some $$

What fishing is there to speak of the last 2 days...it was so windy yesterday that most people packed it in. Some local guides had no problem hooking a few...but the guests could not keep them on it was so rough. Puke city! The wind was so strong in some areas a one mile drift went by in mere minutes... and the troll back up took 7 times as long.

Hook up into the wind, get turned about and by the time you land it you are more than a mile from where you hooked up.

So far today is much better however...

Easy bud. I'm just trying to fish I got a good pal with a striper that's gonna be sitting on land this weekend. I think he should call in sick and fish for some $$
Sorry wasn't pointing u out but I would love ta hit that tourney, especially with a proven salmon Slayer like u but they don't pay well at Mcdonalds and Um trying to put a trip together for later in Bamfield. Good luck and to all ya guys out there... Get this guy in your boat!!!

Sure wish I could do this ...... But even with the price lowered to 300 a rod, it's still out of my league.

Big shout out to those raising good cash for a good reason, good luck to you all. Go get EM.

Anybody from the forum win it last year? I remember the weather conditions were horrendous for the derby last year. Looks like this year the derby conditions should be great. This bloody wind should have blown itself out by the weekend. Go get em guys.

Back in the day I would have loved to do this derby. I'm just not up for doing derbies anymore. My back and knees are too far gone to be up every ten 15 mins checking, cleaning, and rebaiting lines. I used to love the challenge of competing for the biggest fish. Nowadays I mostly just drag hoochies or spoons and soak them as long as I can get away with between checks. It's a whole lot more relaxing and my bodies just not up for power fishing anymore. Wish I was Cause derbies are lots of fun, and I totally support the unique catch and release basis of this derby.

Good luck to all participating in this very worthwhile fund raiser for Salmon enhancement.

Anyone out at the moment? What's the conditions like? Looking to get out for a few hours this afternoon.

Doable out here at the Bell now if you don't mind 15 knots at the Bell. It has eased off a lot.

Fish shallow. ;)

hi,just came back,Fished 8 30 to 2 30 ,start at the bell 2 hours,nothing for me ,no nice water and windy ,went back trolling to west van,just arrived got a nice clipped coho that makes me think this side is good but nothing until 2 30 ,this year is my worse since I moved here,,hope things change to better,good weekend to everyone

Anyone out at the moment? What's the conditions like? Looking to get out for a few hours this afternoon.
Conditions in the harbour are flat now. Wind is dropping right off. 9mph at Sandheads. If you can get out quick it should be an awesome night. Got my boat apart for a minor job at the moment, so I won't be out. Get out there quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back