Search results

1. J

Ladysmith / Chemainus area?

Hello everyone, I have just moved to Vancouver island, the Ladysmith area. I am wondering if there are any spots to try for salmon in the immediate area or do i need to go up to Nanaimo for a better chance? It would be great to be able to launch in Ladysmith and have somewhere fairly close to...
  2. J

Saltair/Gulf Island newbie

Hello everyone, I will be moving to the Saltair area in early May and would love any info on local fishing in that area. I have a 16ft Double Eagle so I love the idea of fishing in the protected areas. Ladysmith seems to be the closes local ramp as far as i can see. I appreciate any advice...
  3. J

Prawning Newbie

Good afternoon guys, I am hoping to try prawning next time i get out. I was gifted a trap for Christmas, I think I have it all setup properly from things i have read. My question is, if i am out fishing in Vancouver Harbour, is there anywhere worth while dropping the trap or do you have to get...
  4. J

Tackle Storage/organization

Hey everyone, I've just been going through my gear, getting spoons ready for winter etc. Made me wonder, how does everyone keep their gear organized? Different tackle boxes for different seasons perhaps? Everything in one? Any other ideas? I have one 3 tray tackle box that contains pretty much...
  5. J

Fishing Bellingham area?

Does anyone ever fish out of Blaine or Bellingham? I live really close to the border and was thinking of getting a license for Wa. There are good boat launches in Blaine and Bellingham, wondering if there are any productive areas to drop some lines? Thanks!
  6. J

Alouette Lake Kokanee

Taking my nephew to Alouette Lake tomorrow, hoping to hook some Kokanee. Anyone been lately? I was there mid June and caught a few. Ill stick to the same setups i guess, not sure if this heat has any effect on them tho?
  7. J

This weekend

Good afternoon everyone, TGIF! Im a newbie to Salmon fishing, im hoping to get out in the Vancouver area either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday. Most likely launch at Vanier, where would you guys recomend i target that isnt too far of a trip. I have a 16ft Double Eagle, so not a very big boat...
  8. J

Weekend fishing

Good morning everyone, I am just getting into fishing myself. Looking to maybe get out fishing in Vancouver Harbor this weekend if there is a break in the weather. Where is the best area to target? West Van shoreline? Certain depths i should be looking for? Any advice is greatly appreciated...
Back