Fishing Bellingham area?

Jeffzee

Does anyone ever fish out of Blaine or Bellingham?

I live really close to the border and was thinking of getting a license for Wa. There are good boat launches in Blaine and Bellingham, wondering if there are any productive areas to drop some lines?

Thanks!

You may want to look at their regulations and open seasons as it's not nearly as liberal as ours.

Is it true you can only fish one rod per person?
Yes - only one rod per person. No treble hooks for salmon. Barbless required. Spot prawns only for a few weeks in May-June. Halibut only for a few days in May/June. I think things are better in BC than down here (in terms of one's odds for catching).

Yep, sucks to be Yank if your a fishing addict. Even for just a day it will cost about $20 Canadian to get a license for quite limited opportunities.

Hmm, seems like too much red tape. I was just hoping there might be a nice spot close by. Instead of heading to Van every time. Oh well!

Last year I did a trip down through Washington and Oregon and I brought my casting rod to hopefully try for salmon in the Columbia River. It was going to cost me about $50 a day or something like that to fish in Oregon. No thanks!

Yes - only one rod per person. No treble hooks for salmon. Barbless required. Spot prawns only for a few weeks in May-June. Halibut only for a few days in May/June. I think things are better in BC than down here (in terms of one's odds for catching).

What a joke.

There is a reason most of us Bellingham guys fish across on your side of the line. Besides Area 7 blackmouth the San Juans suck.

I think Canadians can only buy the annual combo licenese. It's $55 for the year, I'll know better tomorrow when I buy one. Camping for 10 days at Deception pass hoping to hook into some pinks fishing from shore.

Back